CPU/Mobo Used Computer stuck at Bios utility screen

Hello

I have bought a used computer which came to me by post. Before switching on, I pressed all the ram, power connectors etc. Firmly in the sockets in case they had become loose.
The seller told me that the OS was loaded on the hard disk
However, after switching on, the computer is stuck at the UEFI BIOS Utility screen
I have taken a photo of the same and am posting it here
All details of the configuration are given in the shot
ASUS H-170-M Plus
Intel I7 6700
Adata 2X 8GB DDR4 2133 RAM
1TB WD Blue HDD

I have pressed F10 2-3 times and exited, but it again comes back to the same screen

Please advise whether there is no OS Loaded or the system is waiting for a command from me and what I should do next.

Thanks for advising[DOUBLEPOST=1450423329][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello

I made a bootable usb drive downloaded from Microsoft site directly giving my authentic key

However it gets stuck on cd drivers jot found and despite all attempts as suggested in toms hardware, i could not proceed beyond that

However i was now able to see the c drive contents and it has an os loaded as there are windows files in it.

I thought this information may help you in giving solution why the system is not booting beyond the bios screen.

Thanks for advising

Attachments

• WP_20151218_004.jpg
    WP_20151218_004.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 109
  • WP_20151218_005.jpg
    WP_20151218_005.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hello
No. I started the installation and just after I accepted the us keyboard etc. On the next screen I got the error message of drivers not found

This problem has been discussed in detail in Toms hardware forum wherein they have suggested switching usb ports etc. But none worked for me
So I am stuck.
Can't load the existing windows 10 nor can I install the windows 7 fresh

Please let me know if you need any more details

Thanks for advising[DOUBLEPOST=1450427835][/DOUBLEPOST]I just got over that hump of installing drivers by revising the iso as per Asus website ( As the motherboard for series 6 Intel cpu are new, the drivers are not in the ms disk)
However, now I am stuck at disk 0 partition 1 storage screen.
It says windows cannot be installed here.
Please advise solution

Thanks for advising

Last edited:
It's not in India.. I am in new Zealand currently
I bought it here
It was sold because the seller wanted a laptop

Last edited:
Hello

Just finished loading Windows. Then went away for the weekend
Will now complete the updating of the drivers etc. And then test the same.
However, getting a windows experience index of just 1 due to the inbuilt graphic chip as I am not using a graphic card.
That is wrong and should improve once the drivers are updated

Cheers

Back