Car & Bike Used Opel Corsa, ok to buy?

max_demon

@maxdemon
Adept
hey guys I'm planning to get a used sedan under 50k I know very less budget but keeping room for additional expenses. planning to keep it for maximum 1 year. what models should I be looking at, I really liked the engine of opel corsa gsi, one person is selling 2003 model with gaskit installed for 50k is it a good purchase?

replacement parts are expensive I agree, but what what parts could develop problem in short time? I find it comfortable than Esteem or other alternative.

No No No. No Spares, No Service, heck even getting the right manual which will give you the part numbers will be a tough job to get. Since its running on gas (CNG/ LPG) it would be safe to assume it has been on gas for over 3-4 years. If you face issues, you are looking at expenses close to buying price, which is why it must be on sale in the first place.
And as for the Ikon, unless its a diesel, you better hide, since the petrol will give you 8-9 kmpl.

Better to get a used Alto/ 800. At least you will have peace of mind, any roadside mechanic can fix it, and if needed, push it for 2 years as well.

Good sedan in the budget of 50K will be impossible.
Best choice would be Esteem - but it will cost around 1.2-1.5L
Next would be a hatch - Zen - 60-70K.
Both will be around 10 years old.

Dude.. seriously NO.

Under 50k and your chances of getting a decent sedan are really not too good. But .. Add another 50 odd k & chances are you'll get a 2000-2002 OHC (Honda City Type II) for one.. decent spares availability, great engine, solid build quality (albeit the 3 pc bumper is a pain) but overall a good solid car that gives great returns on the mileage. The 1.3 being much more efficient than the 1.5

I actually want to handle a sedan well before making a big purchase. any Idea which of the cars has the least depreciation in one year.. buying for 1-1.2L and then getting less than 80k is very steep :-ss considering the operating expenses

OHC or Esteem. Maruti and Honda cars have best resale value.[DOUBLEPOST=1380476807][/DOUBLEPOST]With these cars you'll lose about 10-15% in resale value in a year. With Corsa you may not find a buyer at all !!

Last edited:
Used maruti's have a good resale value but you do need to get your budget to " car" expectations.
You are bound to get a ton of options under the 50 to 80 k like palio, esteem, ikon etc.
These would not only give you and your wallet severe headaches, but also give low roi as compared to a wagon r or an alto.

You might even get an Accent for cheaper or around the 1lac range.. but they're not exactly great on the resale value (and assuming you're getting 2nd hand.. a 3rd sale drops value by a fair bit further.. this goes for all cars, some more than others) & are a lil fuel hungry. Spares can be a wee bit of a bother in terms of expense as well

Dude run away!!!
its selling at 50k because nobody absolutely nobody will buy, don't take it even for free
Every part is going to fall apart and you can't find spares
stick to maruthi

Ok guys, I'm not getting it.. thanks for your opinions.. I'm currently looking for Accent/Ford Ikon/Esteem under 1L range in 2nd/3rd hand.. lets see how this search goes

Being the son of a early adopter of opel...from Astra to Vectra.... STAY AWAY. was a pain when it was new... will be a pain now.

Being the son of a early adopter of opel...from Astra to Vectra.... STAY AWAY. was a pain when it was new... will be a pain now.
Opel Vectra <3. If you don't mind me going off topic OP, what happened with the Vectra?

Back