Budget 20-25K Used Redmi K20 pro or new? Amoled with good processor

gigap501

Disciple
1. Budget? INR 20k-25k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution? AMOLED, preferably with no notch or at least high screen to body ratio

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android, availability of custom ROMs is important

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc). - 5G not v important

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Redmi K20 Pro used available at 20K used, vs. others.
6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: Used as long as product is like-new.

-----
I have been interested in Redmi K20 pro for long - now it seems possible to buy used 8GB/256GB version at 20K.
Among the new phones, I cannot see any that has Snapdragon 855, no notch and good custom rom support.
Is the Redmi K20 pro still worth going for in the price range?

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if total < 128 GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi K20 pro, Realme 7 pro, Oneplus nord.

Last edited:
Owned a K20pro for a year, it is still the cheapest 855 phone with an AMOLED screen afaik. If you're fine with MIUI it's a solid choice. Battery backup was pretty good too, used to get around 8 hours of screen on time with general use on MIUI12. As for custom ROMs, there are many but not one of them works as well as MIUI does for the fingerprint scanner. Never used face unlock on custom ROMs so can't say anything about that, but on MIUI it's slower than using the fingerprint since the camera motor is slow and takes time for the camera to rise. Other than those points i felt it was great.

1. Budget? INR 20k-25k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution? AMOLED, preferably with no notch or at least high screen to body ratio

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc). - Android, availability of custom ROMs is important

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc). - 5G not v important

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Redmi K20 Pro used available at 20K used, vs. others.
6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: Used as long as product is like-new.

-----
I have been interested in Redmi K20 pro for long - now it seems possible to buy used 8GB/256GB version at 20K.
Among the new phones, I cannot see any that has Snapdragon 855, no notch and good custom rom support.
Is the Redmi K20 pro still worth going for in the price range?

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if total < 128 GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Redmi K20 pro, Realme 7 pro, Oneplus nord.
I use a k20 pro 256gb as my daily driver. SD 855 is sufficient for my insane high app usage ~500 apps. Battery life is decent and the edge to edge amoled display is the best.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
I went with a used K20 pro (8/256 GB version) - so far happy with the screen and speed..

Manufacturers seem to be reducing features now (no 3.5mm jack in newer phones, lack of IR blasters and now no chargers in box) - so buying the newest models did not seem that great of an idea!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
I went with a used K20 pro (8/256 GB version) - so far happy with the screen and speed..

Manufacturers seem to be reducing features now (no 3.5mm jack in newer phones, lack of IR blasters and now no chargers in box) - so buying the newest models did not seem that great of an idea!
How much did you pay? Did you get it from here or elsewhere?
I was also thinking of buying a new phone but haven't came across any which I REALLY like so thinking of going for used one for temporary use.

Back