Usenet - Discussion thread

Never tried usenet. I was on some private trackers for a while and it was rare that a file I wanted couldn't be found between a mix of public/private trackers. Maybe if I was more into collecting obscure media and the datahoarding side of things, I could see myself using it.

Never tried usenet. I was on some private trackers for a while and it was rare that a file I wanted couldn't be found between a mix of public/private trackers. Maybe if I was more into collecting obscure media and the datahoarding side of things, I could see myself using it.
usenet isn't for collecting niche stuff, it's for downloading stuff which is already there on PTs but without the hassle that comes with PTs such as seeding/ratio etc.

basically you give money for convenience unlike say a normal PT where you could just get by with seeding on a laptop

Eweka recently have a really good deal running on King's day where they offering 37.5 Euros/15 months which is roughly 2.5 Euros/month, I already have a Eweka subscription running and have grabbed this deal making my subscription total be roughly 25 months,

Does anyone want to split the cost with me? I'll take 25 Euros upfront and will share my account for the full 25 months, making it roughly 1 Euro/month, Caveats

1. No Sharing with others, if I get my account on Eweka restricted for multiple IPs, I will stop the sharing immediately with no refunds.
2. I wont do monthly subscriptions, its 25 Euros upfront or nada
3. You NEED an indexer along with Eweka to make use of Usenet,
if you dont have an indexer, you can get an invite to DrunkenSlug or Dog pretty easily from r/UsenetInvites,

I am willing to offer proofs to the account and can give a grace period of a day to try the provider out,

I have been using NewsNetNinja for a while now and can highly recommend it.

I’m currently on the $8/mo plan and it completely saturates my 1Gbps network with 45 connections.

Waiting for a BF/CM sale to upgrade to the annual plan or get Eweka at a nice deal.

That’s a great deal. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think that renews at full price after 15 mo, right?
yep but it stacks, so if you get this twice, you'll get 30 months instead, it's eweka just throwing out incredible deals so that we will keep paying upfront for it
I have been using NewsNetNinja for a while now and can highly recommend it.

I’m currently on the $8/mo plan and it completely saturates my 1Gbps network with 45 connections.

Waiting for a BF/CM sale to upgrade to the annual plan or get Eweka at a nice deal.
That's a crap deal, just grab eweka or any other provider deal you want, other providers have also put out some great deals on kings day, black Friday will roll around and then you can extend further

Back