Using 2 Internet simulataneously

Guys,

I have a reliance broadband and bsnl evdo using sierra 595u. I was looking around the web for using these 2 internet simultaneously and found this video which describes how to use 2 internet using an app called forcebind. Now, my bsnl evdo is connected through a dial up connection. As soon as i connect this, my LAN drops. Any idea how to keep them both working simultaneously?

I dont know your exact setup but if both are via Lan then your can any day Bridge both these connections into one and enjoy seamless connectivity.

Now, my bsnl evdo is connected through a dial up connection. As soon as i connect this, my LAN drops. Any idea how to keep them both working simultaneously?

Check the routing table in CMD prompt and figure out the metric attached to the default routes injected by the dialup. Start figuring a way to fix from there.

One easy way I used to achieve this sort of setup was by a VM install. Bind the VM to use one of the internet connection exclusively. Now your Host OS will use connection1 and Guest will use connection2.

I dont know your exact setup but if both are via Lan then your can any day Bridge both these connections into one and enjoy seamless connectivity.

I had tried this on windows 7 long back... but was unsuccessful in using both connections simultaneously (one of the connection was LAN and other was wifi)...
Only connectify did the trick for me...

Sorry if this is off-topic (or just plain stupid) but i'm quite illiterate about this but here's my question-
If i do manage to get 2 (or more) connections to work simultaneously, does that mean that i can use the bandwidth of both at the same time i.e. will 2 connections of 1mbps each act like 1 connection of 2mbps?

The reason i ask is because it could lead to many possible advantages such as
a) one can have a cheap connection for browsing and another high fup one for downloads
b) maybe combine fup limits of multiple connections
c) guarantee at least some connectivity in case a connection fails i.e. no more d/c's

Yes that's true.

Thats how even clustering works in a server environment.

In XP and 7 I have tried bridging and it worked awesome.
But I had 2 separate lan cards with individual connectivity.
One was cablenet and other hathway which is obvious to go down at any time.

Never got chance to experiment with WiFi cum lan + lan or similar configs.

Sorry if this is off-topic (or just plain stupid) but i'm quite illiterate about this but here's my question-
If i do manage to get 2 (or more) connections to work simultaneously, does that mean that i can use the bandwidth of both at the same time i.e. will 2 connections of 1mbps each act like 1 connection of 2mbps?

The reason i ask is because it could lead to many possible advantages such as
a) one can have a cheap connection for browsing and another high fup one for downloads
b) maybe combine fup limits of multiple connections
c) guarantee at least some connectivity in case a connection fails i.e. no more d/c's

Yes that is the objective of doing this... :)
In my case its reliance 2mbps unlimited (wifi) + act 20mbps (50gb FUP) (lan)...
But whenever I bridge both the connections... I get 2mbps only... Tested using speedtest, youtube buffering, download speed in chrome etc...
Anyways this was long back, will give it a try once more tonight and get back...

Interesting.
so one can get a cheap unlimited bsnl plan for dl'ing and a fast one from act/etc. for gaming.
problem here though would be segregating the download from dota/etc. on a single system.

Back