Using AirtelBB and Photon at the same time :-!

SOM1

Disciple
Hi,

i am an existing Airtel BB user.Now "Sarkar" has given me a Photon+ :)

Can i use both the connections at the same time and get an optimized speed ??

If yes what is the software ??

regards,
som

SOM1 said:
in all fairness to your post ... i think there is a way out ...
Well I had tried in the past. I had wanted to finish off the free MB of data on my Vodafone Live connection before deactivating it but couldn't merge it with my current BB connection. Hence, my response .....

Depends on what you mean by merge for normal/home use.

Let me give you an example. Assume you have 2X256kbps(32KB/s) connections.

Now if you want to use both at same time, you CANNOT get 64 KB/s from this connection.

However, you do get more bandwidth in the sense that if you could run 1 download earlier at 32KB/s, you should be able to run 2 downloads now. Kind of like parallel processing.

Thats my understanding at least.

hhmm ... well i am doing some research of my own ..

seems load balancing is the way out .. albeit using a software .. have got a lead that winGate software might be of help.

Will keep all of you posted.

Rgds,

Som

techie_007 said:
Assume you have 2X256kbps(32KB/s) connections.

Now if you want to use both at same time, you CANNOT get 64 KB/s from this connection.
yes you can. But i dont know how. I had used a airtel 512k and mtnl 512k in the past. I used to get a total combined speed in utorrent at 1mbps i.e download speed of 128 KBps.I am using win-7 and i think it does that automatically.mtnl was directly connected to the lan card of my desktop and airtel was connected to another lan card via switch.

Back