Other Using blackberry in 2021

I have collected few blackberry like bold, q10, 9960,passport from olx for throwaway price.

Not a single of them support 4g, not make much sense using it regularly.

Q10 work great with bsnl 3G

I have a Nokia e63 . Great phone but the main attraction ( nokia email ) stopped working a few years back . SSL Certificates were not renewed . Also only upto 3g . And Vodafone in my city stopped 3g a while back .

I have a Nokia e63 . Great phone but the main attraction ( nokia email ) stopped working a few years back . SSL Certificates were not renewed . Also only upto 3g . And Vodafone in my city stopped 3g a while back .
I really am hoping for a good qwerty phone or a sub 5 inch phone with a decent processor but it is pretty niche demand so low chance any such phones are going to be released in India

I use my trustworthy BlackBerry Passport (bought in Jan 2017 from the US) daily in 2021, as my personal phone (alongside my primary Samsung Galaxy Note 9) meant for calling my family & a few best friends. I use it for calls, sms, reminders, To Do/Tasks & also to sync my personal email account, contacts & calender. It works flawlessly with BSNL 3G. I have used it with Airtel 4G also back then in 2017. I get superb signal reception & call clarity even in remote/hilly/rural areas where other phones with same network operator display 'No Signal'. Battery life is stellar too! I am totally in love with its unique keyboard which helps me type way faster than my friends on touchscreen keyboards! :)

use one as a backup :) sms and calls work for me!
I was thinking of getting a blackberry curve or bold from flipkart 2gud. Any thoughts? :)
I use my trustworthy BlackBerry Passport (bought in Jan 2017 from the US) daily in 2021, as my personal phone (alongside my primary Samsung Galaxy Note 9) meant for calling my family & a few best friends. I use it for calls, sms, reminders, To Do/Tasks & also to sync my personal email account, contacts & calender. It works flawlessly with BSNL 3G. I have used it with Airtel 4G also back then in 2017. I get superb signal reception & call clarity even in remote/hilly/rural areas where other phones with same network operator display 'No Signal'. Battery life is stellar too! I am totally in love with its unique keyboard which helps me type way faster than my friends on touchscreen keyboards! :)
Are 3rd party spare parts for it available in India?

Last edited:
This makes me miss my BlackBerry Z10 (my first and last BlackBerry). Loved it to bits thanks to great build, fluid OS, Hub, nice screen and camera. Mine had 4G support but was never of any use thanks to absence of Google Maps and any useful navigation software. Sold it because of end of support from WhatsApp and moved on to Redmi Note 3. I guess something running BB10 might work now only for phonecalls and texts. I think spares are available in India

This makes me miss my BlackBerry Z10 (my first and last BlackBerry). Loved it to bits thanks to great build, fluid OS, Hub, nice screen and camera. Mine had 4G support but was never of any use thanks to absence of Google Maps and any useful navigation software. Sold it because of end of support from WhatsApp and moved on to Redmi Note 3. I guess something running BB10 might work now only for phonecalls and texts. I think spares are available in India
Man I missed on the blackberry train. Right now there are no cost efficient qwerty phones in India. And I'm guessing the original Blackberry talent must have moved on to other things so not hoping a lot from the upcoming onwardMobility version of Blackberry.

Man I missed on the blackberry train. Right now there are no cost efficient qwerty phones in India. And I'm guessing the original Blackberry talent must have moved on to other things so not hoping a lot from the upcoming onwardMobility version of Blackberry.
The BB10 phones were the last in terms of innovation. Every part of that Z10 was designed well and had proper quality. Even that screen at 720p was excellent. It actually had line out audio! After failing with that OS, BlackBerry completely sold out and abandoned ship. They are now eking a living from Enterprise services and security I guess.

The BB10 phones were the last in terms of innovation. Every part of that Z10 was designed well and had proper quality. Even that screen at 720p was excellent. It actually had line out audio! After failing with that OS, BlackBerry completely sold out and abandoned ship. They are now eking a living from Enterprise services and security I guess.
Sad state of affairs right now in android. As the only innovations are drastic ones like fold. We need new players to shake the market like micromax, xiaomi, oneplus(cost to value ratio, in their earlier days) or htc,sony (beautiful phones). It is a very monotonous market nowadays.

Last edited:
Sad state of affairs right now in android. As the only innovations are drastic ones like fold. We need new players to shake the market like micromax, xiaomi, oneplus(cost to value ratio, in their earlier days) or htc,sony (beautiful phones). It is very monotonous market nowadays.
Sad that LG and HTC are no more- they actually did innovate. On a brighter note, at least we have some options in Android. The Apple boys have it worse. They have to pay through the nose to get something that's barely bigger than an F1 in terms of screen size (12 Pro Max), no expandable memory and is almost unrepairable. True that those have benefits, but in terms of innovation in software as well as hardware, they are at the other end.

Sad that LG and HTC are no more- they actually did innovate. On a brighter note, at least we have some options in Android. The Apple boys have it worse. They have to pay through the nose to get something that's barely bigger than an F1 in terms of screen size (12 Pro Max), no expandable memory and is almost unrepairable. True that those have benefits, but in terms of innovation in software as well as hardware, they are at the other end.
Sorry, I forgot about LG. Apple certainly is worse off right now, perhaps they will change their ways or perhaps android too will go the Apple route. Speaking of screen size, I'm a little inclined towards sub 5 inch screens. Was even thinking of getting iphone se2 but the abysmal battery held me off. Lack of expandable memory has entered android space as well. But for now, midrangers are mostly untouched.

Still using BlackBerry key1 and passport as daily drivers. Not comfortable with touch screen keyboard at all.
Looking forward for onward mobilty's new BlackBerry device which shall launch may be by end of this year.
Damn both passport and key 1. Passport has non typical form factor, though I guess it would be great for typing.

I was thinking of getting a blackberry curve or bold from flipkart 2gud. Any thoughts? :)

Are 3rd party spare parts for it available in India?
As far as I know, there are very few shops, mostly in metropolitan cities, where spare parts are available for BB10 OS smartphones.
Damn both passport and key 1. Passport has non typical form factor, though I guess it would be great for typing.
I have observed that due to Passport's touch sensitive gesture keyboard & intelligent word suggestions, I type way much faster on my Passport's keyboard than on any other touchscreen keyboard.

Last edited:
Back