PC Peripherals Using computer on BED

sunandoghosh

Disciple
Using computer on BED

Planning to use computer with TFT Monitor while lying/ relaxing on bed with stomach facing bed…!!!

OK again I am struck with a new idea and would like to know as to how far is it feasible…???

PRESENT POSITION:

# Big bulky 17 “ FLAT monitor LG...Which means that it is NOT movable…

WHAT I WANT:

# To lie on bed and then use computer (laptop NOT affordable considering my desire for best configuration which exceeds my budget)…

WHY I WANT WHAT I WANT:

# I cannot help but have to use computer…for extreme long hours like 16-18 hrs daily…

And I have found that if I lie down on bed with stomach facing downwards…I can still be efficient and work on say (assume) laptop…as the back is not strained further after full day sitting at chair…

WHAT I AM PLANNING:

# To buy a TFT Monitor 17 # which can be kept on bed easily along with a wireless mouse and keyboard….

This would help me to move it from my table to my bed (both being very close) whenever I desire…

WHAT I WANT FROM PEOPLE HERE:

1. Is the idea feasible…..?????????
2. Which is best 17†Monitor available in India (Kolkata preferably) for purpose of moving from table to bed and vice versa…???

3. Which is best wireless mouse and keyboard available in India (Kolkata preferably)…???

All the valuable comments and feedback are more than welcome and I appreciate your time spent on reading this post and considering replying with your suggestions.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day….

Love you all…

CHEERS

Sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

sunandoghosh said:
Using computer on BED

Planning to use computer with TFT Monitor while lying/ relaxing on bed with stomach facing bed…!!!

OK again I am struck with a new idea and would like to know as to how far is it feasible…???

PRESENT POSITION:

# Big bulky 17 “ FLAT monitor LG...Which means that it is NOT movable…

WHAT I WANT:

# To lie on bed and then use computer (laptop NOT affordable considering my desire for best configuration which exceeds my budget)…

WHY I WANT WHAT I WANT:

# I cannot help but have to use computer…for extreme long hours like 16-18 hrs daily…

And I have found that if I lie down on bed with stomach facing downwards…I can still be efficient and work on say (assume) laptop…as the back is not strained further after full day sitting at chair…

WHAT I AM PLANNING:

# To buy a TFT Monitor 17 # which can be kept on bed easily along with a wireless mouse and keyboard….

This would help me to move it from my table to my bed (both being very close) whenever I desire…

WHAT I WANT FROM PEOPLE HERE:

1. Is the idea feasible…..?????????
2. Which is best 17†Monitor available in India (Kolkata preferably) for purpose of moving from table to bed and vice versa…???

3. Which is best wireless mouse and keyboard available in India (Kolkata preferably)…???

All the valuable comments and feedback are more than welcome and I appreciate your time spent on reading this post and considering replying with your suggestions.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day….

Love you all…

CHEERS

Sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com
U'll get more physical pain if you lie down facing ur bed and work on nur comp, dude, u arent lying down completely on the bed, ur front portion(shoulder, neck and head) shud be held in a semi-upright position to be able to work, which is more painful than sitting on a chair for long hours...

You are strange, i am buying a laptop with minimal power instead of a 3.2 ghz amd64 desktop for home use(as a desktop replacement), even though I use gentoo and the amd could be extremely useful for compiling all the time.
Buy a pentium M 1.6 ghz and overclock it. Even if you don't overclock the horsepower will be sufficient for your tasks. At the most you can fit in 256mb additional ram, 512mb is more than enough unless you use it as a web server with heavy traffic.

I have an idea. Buy a PC of your dreams, then buy a super cheap laptop, run Linux 0or windows, but a properly cofigured Linux m/c will be easier on resources) on it, and use VNC/Radmin to connect to your desktop. In that way the lappy will act as a thin client or terminal to the Mainframe (desktop). Will do perfectly as long as you do not need 3d acceleration. And you can do whatever you want with the lappy. A wireless card in both m/c will make everything possible.

My dream is dual core Amd. Ok I will give your idea a thought- buy a mobile celery 1.5 now and a dual core amd a couple of years later?

lololol..i thot of all the wrong meanings when i read the title :rofl:

get a comfy chair....you wont get any back aches....

Yeah me too !!! Anyways if you lie on the bed with your stomach down, you'll screw your shoulders and neck really badly...

Better, get a Desktop with wireless input devices ;)

deejay said:
Bed is best reserved for more pleasurable activities ...........like sleeping.
lol :cool2:
back on topic :)
so you want to lie down and use the computer for what..
coding -no way
watch/record tv/fm/vcd/dvd then use girder with your tvtuner remote. i do that :eek:hyeah:
gaming you could use girder again [configure keyboard shortcuts] but it wont be fun.

pure hardware solution
hang the tft monitor and use a wireless keyboard with a trackball.

Get a comfy chair like everyone suggested. Lying down and trying to work will cause even more physical strain as Hooligan rightly pointed out!

Back