Using DOS to open windows folders

i was wondering if there was a way to create an exe file which when double clicked can be programmed to open a folder on my computer? for example, is there a way to make a dos file called myCdrive.exe that opens my C drive folder when double clicked?
just curious, any help would be much appreciated !

^ u can have a .bat file that can do the same funtion......are u looking for the .exe doing the job specifically ? or u just want the job done ?

edit : if u want the .bat (batch) file to do the job...here u go...

create a notepad file on the desktop.

rename it to .watever.u.want.bat

right click

edit

paste this with wat u want it to do--->explorer :path:

example : explorer C:\windows

save and exit

double click

done:)

hanzy said:
^ u can have a .bat file that can do the same funtion......are u looking for the .exe doing the job specifically ? or u just want the job done ?

edit : if u want the .bat (batch) file to do the job...here u go...
create a notepad file on the desktop.
rename it to .watever.u.want.bat
right click
edit
paste this with wat u want it to do--->explorer :path:

example : explorer C:\windows
save and exit
double click
done:)

thank you everyone for replying so quickly and thank you hanzy for this post because it really helped me.
heres the reason why i posted this:
i use windows vista and a razer tarantula keyboard with objectdock running for ease of use. the razer tarantula has 10 programmable keys that can be used for ingame macros, selecting profiles and launching exe's (only). i wanted to get rid of objectdock completely to free up resources on my pc but i didnt know how to make an exe file specifically to open C:\ for example so that i could use it as a keyboard shortcut on my custom keys instead of opening it through an icon on the desktop (which i rather have empty) or objectdock.

summary -
1. i did what hanzy told me to do. i created a notepad document with
explorer c:\
written on the first line and saved it to desktop as openc.bat
2. the razer tarantula doesnt accept bat files to custom keys so i simply renamed my bat file to openc.exe.bat (which is somehow recognized by custom keys) and thats it ! pressing the button opens the folder. now i can use simple key presses to open my "Games " folder, to open a folder where all my important applications are stored, to open anything that need to be opened quickly : )
3. i noticed that pressing the hotkeys with the aforementioned command leaves the DOS window open in the background. i got rid of it using the exit command on the next line.
exit

i hope this helps the other few people out there who need to do the same thing on their custom key keyboards.

thanks alot for your help !

arun_rulezzz said:
thank you everyone for replying so quickly and thank you hanzy for this post because it really helped me.

heres the reason why i posted this:

i use windows vista and a razer tarantula keyboard with objectdock running for ease of use. the razer tarantula has 10 programmable keys that can be used for ingame macros, selecting profiles and launching exe's (only). i wanted to get rid of objectdock completely to free up resources on my pc but i didnt know how to make an exe file specifically to open C:\ for example so that i could use it as a keyboard shortcut on my custom keys instead of opening it through an icon on the desktop (which i rather have empty) or objectdock.

summary -

1. i did what hanzy told me to do. i created a notepad document with

written on the first line and saved it to desktop as openc.bat

2. the razer tarantula doesnt accept bat files to custom keys so i simply renamed my bat file to openc.exe.bat (which is somehow recognized by custom keys) and thats it ! pressing the button opens the folder. now i can use simple key presses to open my "Games " folder, to open a folder where all my important applications are stored, to open anything that need to be opened quickly : )

3. i noticed that pressing the hotkeys with the aforementioned command leaves the DOS window open in the background. i got rid of it using the exit command on the next line.

exit

i hope this helps the other few people out there who need to do the same thing on their custom key keyboards.

thanks alot for your help !

you can use the start command and the runas command in a dos command script (.cmd) too.

Back