using IPMSG on VPN

int86

You'r born free
Disciple
May 26, 2007
Our office use VPN to connect. We use IPMSF extensively . My IP is 10.40.1.51. My address gets poulated for all IP belonging to 10.40.1.XXX. But if i have to message any IP like 10.40.XXX.XXX then I have to add the address manually. Is there any easy way to all all IP for series 10.40.xxx.xxx

I googled but didnt got any easy solution.[DOUBLEPOST=1457373856][/DOUBLEPOST]ping

Last edited:

int86

You'r born free
Disciple
May 26, 2007
If it affected my VPN service than not much problem. we use cisco routers. if there is any possibility then please explain. And I dont have access to router

rock_ya_baby

~~~=o=~~~
Adept
Apr 1, 2005
Dark Side Of The Moon
www.cisco.com
It does auto discovery by sending discovery broadcast in a network segment. That's how the user list is populated. Broadcast messages don't go beyond the subnet.

Probably you can find how and where it stores the list of manually added IPs and copy it over to everyone's PC.

I believe it's open source software. Take a look at the code for more insight.

Personally I would suggest moving to a better more modern messaging tool, perhaps something that's XMPP based application for starters.

Reactions: vivek.krishnan

int86

You'r born free
Disciple
May 26, 2007
thanks for reply.
Please make be understand in noobs way what to do next to populate user list for series 10.40.XX.XX. I am ready to use some other messenger. But every other system will use IP MSG only.

And its me only who wants user list to be populated in above way. On rest system its not needed.