Using Landline on a Modem without telephone port

Santy

Disciple
Folks
I have this Nokia G140w-f router from Tata Fiber with a 200 Mbps plan.

I want to upgrade this wifi router to something like Tplink Ax10 or AX20.

I have a landline plan which I am making use of. The cordless phone is connected to the landline port (Rj11?) on Nokia router.

How can I connect the landline to the new router that I am getting? One friend suggested that I can keep Nokia router as it is and connect the tplink through cat cable and use both. Will this restrict the capabilities of the wifi 6 router? Is there a way to use just the new router and connect landline to it? Will these rj11 to rj45 adapters work? Any other idea?

Usually these landline + fiber combo modems from isp have custom settings for landline to work. Have not seen any landline+fiber combo device available for purchase separately(usually made for isps)

Keep your Nokia modem, turn off its Wi-Fi and connect your wifi 6 router via cat6 (LAN to LAN port) and set it to access point mode(tp link routers have an easy quick setup).

Connect everything (lan/Wi-Fi) to your new router.

Usually these landline + fiber combo modems from isp have custom settings for landline to work. Have not seen any landline+fiber combo device available for purchase separately(usually made for isps)

Keep your Nokia modem, turn off its Wi-Fi and connect your wifi 6 router via cat6 (LAN to LAN port) and set it to access point mode(tp link routers have an easy quick setup).

Thank you. This is what my friend was suggesting. My worry was keeping two modems is a clutter and also whether the Lan connection (as opposed to fibre) , might impede the capabilities of wifi 6 modem

Sir, can you please explain it to be in more detail, as I want to do the same.
My parents are buying a new tv, and the wifi do not reach the living hall. We have airtel xtreme 100 mbps plan, with the nokia router (provided by company).

My mom loves to watch youtube, and was finding ways to connect wifi to the tv. I have cat 6 rj45 cable and a spare d-link ac750 dual band router.

If its not much to ask, can you please guide me with the further steps.

Sir, can you please explain it to be in more detail, as I want to do the same.
My parents are buying a new tv, and the wifi do not reach the living hall. We have airtel xtreme 100 mbps plan, with the nokia router (provided by company).

My mom loves to watch youtube, and was finding ways to connect wifi to the tv. I have cat 6 rj45 cable and a spare d-link ac750 dual band router.

If its not much to ask, can you please guide me with the further steps.
If your tv has lan port, simplest would be to connect to main router(Airtel) with a long Ethernet cable.

If that’s not possible, then you’ll need your secondary router(dlink).

Reset your dlink router, then set it up as access point mode. Should a setting available in quick setup page. Then set up wifi networks as needed(use different name as compared to Nokia router wifi).
Connect both routers at their LAN ports, not WAN ports.
At this point, connect to your dlink router wifi and it should have internet.

If your tv has lan port, simplest would be to connect to main router(Airtel) with a long Ethernet cable.

Reset your dlink router, then set it up as access point mode. Should a setting available in quick setup page. Then set up wifi networks as needed(use different name as compared to Nokia router wifi).
GOT IT!!! Thank you so so so much!!

I have a related query. Can one configure personal TP Link router as Access point using wireless connection with the ISP Modem ?

I have a related query. Can one configure personal TP Link router as Access point using wireless connection with the ISP Modem ?
Some routers have repeater/extender mode to increase wireless range of primary router, by connecting to its wifi and broadcasting the same name. So for the devices it appears to be the same wifi.

The instructions seem to generic enough for all tp link routers.

I’m using Jio AirFiber and in modem there is no landline port, how can I use landline in it. And also I have one fiber modem on that there is landline port

If you have Jio Airfiber, you can use Jio's app to call/receive calls on your phone with their app:

To be honest the experience is a bit finicky, the reviews there explain it better than me :confused:

Back