Using Reliance 3G SIM in a 3G Dongle

baccilus

Skilled
I recently bought the Huawei E3531s data card to use in my hostel. I had initially planned to use it with a BSNL SIM but I realized that the BSNL 3G around this area is slower than 2G(Sector 12, Chandigarh). I have a Reliance Mobile 3G SIM that I would like to use in this Dongle. However from what I know, if Reliance detect that I am using this SIM in a Dongle rather than a Mobile Phone, they may annul my 3G balance. Is there any way I can escape that? I am currently using this SIM in the dongle using the APN that was there in my mobile phone and it seems to be working fine. Are there any more precautions I need to take?

Yes, I used that. Initially I didn't have any issues in first couple of months and then bam! I got ****ed for like 600rs.. 1 256 recharge and 2 123 recharges(now 156). So yeah, don't risk it.

Yes, I used that. Initially I didn't have any issues in first couple of months and then bam! I got ****ed for like 600rs.. 1 256 recharge and 2 123 recharges(now 156). So yeah, don't risk it.
How about if I get the datacard recharge done now? I could get the Rs 3000 (30 GB for 6 months) done now? Is there any risk they may annul the money from that too because I got the recharge done for mobile once?[DOUBLEPOST=1395640617][/DOUBLEPOST]Any suggestions? Has anyone used the Mobile phone Reliance SIM in data card after getting the Dongle recharge done. Do they annul the data? I am going to invest Rs 3000/- on that and would be more assured if anyone else has tried this before.

Last edited:
Check with the customer care. I use Aircel SIM. They have a different rate for dongle usage and a different rate for mobile usage (cheaper than Dongle). I charge for dongle and in that case I can use the balance for both mobile and dongle. Once I charged for mobile only and dongle did not work. I had to recharge for dongle again. I believe something similar must be there for reliance.

Check with the customer care. I use Aircel SIM. They have a different rate for dongle usage and a different rate for mobile usage (cheaper than Dongle). I charge for dongle and in that case I can use the balance for both mobile and dongle. Once I charged for mobile only and dongle did not work. I had to recharge for dongle again. I believe something similar must be there for reliance.
I recharged for dongle and am using it for the same now. The dongle rates are much higher than the Mobile phone one. However, if I recharge for 6 months, price comes to about the same (Rs 500 for 5GB per month). The speed and latency is excellent.

Back