PC Peripherals Using Stabilizers on PC

The VX550 works with a input voltage range of 90-264V.

What do you intend your stabilizer to do?

I don't see it serving any purpose. A UPS and a stabilizer serve different purposes. A UPS is meant to ensure you don't suddenly loose power and consequently data while using the PC. The stabilizer on the other hand, is meant to compensate for large power line voltage variation. As you can see, the VX550 handles a wide voltage range making a stbilizer worthless.

flamesofdeath27 said:
Can we use VX550 on a stablizer cuz i dont want to spend too much on buying a UPS

well u can use a stabilizer if u have high voltages in ur area .but a good stabilizer costs more then a ups.like the V-guard digi series it works from input voltages of 140 to 295v.
so lets say u have a apc ups if the input voltage exceeds the 260v to 270v mark,it will switch to backup.if u connect it to stabilizer ,the ups will continue to power via the stabilizer,rather from the battery,since the stabilizer will ouput a voltage of around 220 to 240v when the input is as high around 295v.

but most people buy a ups for the backup.so i suggest u get a ups.

a stabilizer makes sense if you have voltage variations, but absolutely no interruptions (kinda rare IMHO), and UPSes arent that expensive, compared to stabilizers..

adder said:
well u can use a stabilizer if u have high voltages in ur area .but a good stabilizer costs more then a ups.like the V-guard digi series it works from input voltages of 140 to 295v.
so lets say u have a apc ups if the input voltage exceeds the 260v to 270v mark,it will switch to backup.if u connect it to stabilizer ,the ups will continue to power via the stabilizer,rather from the battery,since the stabilizer will ouput a voltage of around 220 to 240v when the input is as high around 295v.

but most people buy a ups for the backup.so i suggest u get a ups.

A decent UPS will switch to backup when running on stabalized voltage as it detects the stabalized voltage as bad quality.

Torch said:
A decent UPS will switch to backup when running on stabalized voltage as it detects the stabalized voltage as bad quality.

well like i said my apc runs fine on the stabilized voltage from the V-Guard Digi series.even ur local transformers in ur area will have a power conditioner,but at night the voltage do increase.a apc ups will go to backup only for a fraction of a second,but after wards it takes power from the stabilizer,since the apc can detect the voltage fluctuation in 2cycles faster then most stabilizers.

adder said:
well like i said my apc runs fine on the stabilized voltage from the V-Guard Digi series.even ur local transformers in ur area will have a power conditioner,but at night the voltage do increase.a apc ups will go to backup only for a fraction of a second,but after wards it takes power from the stabilizer,since the apc can detect the voltage fluctuation in 2cycles faster then most stabilizers.

Your Input Quality Sensitivity setting might be on Low or Medium if its running on stabilizer.

Torch said:

wrong!! - any proof for stabilized voltage being bad quality?
i'm running a regular stabilizer + ups and the ups never switched to battery backup even once, except when the power goes off!

With a stabilizer using an ordinary transformer, the output should be virtually identical to mains, and far better than that of a UPS running on backup :)

greenhorn said:
With a stabilizer using an ordinary transformer, the output should be virtually identical to mains, and far better than that of a UPS running on backup :)

O Rly? Look at the Smart-UPS reviews :)

They scrutinized it to the core with an oscilloscope and the output running on battery back was SUPERIOR to the U.S. mains power supply XD

6pack said:
wrong!! - any proof for stabilized voltage being bad quality?

i'm running a regular stabilizer + ups and the ups never switched to battery backup even once, except when the power goes off!

Like I said it depends on your UPS and how sensitive it is. And the setting for sensitivity if it has one. I've got an old Krykard stablizer and my UPS doesn't run on mains while the stablizer is is step up/down mode.

You have a True Sine Wave UPS. We (at least most of us) Do not :)

It would be preferable to not lose sight of the OP's requirements here. He can hardly afford a regular UPS :p

Torch said:
O Rly? Look at the Smart-UPS reviews :)

Like I said it depends on your UPS and how sensitive it is. And the setting for sensitivity if it has one. I've got an old Krykard stablizer and my UPS doesn't run on mains while the stablizer is is step up/down mode.

that would mean your ups does not work properly. imo buck/boost stabilizers just boost or bring down voltage levels to around 240 volts using a transformer inside.

greenhorn said:

I think most of the UPS don't provide voltage regulation (only the highend APC models does). So most UPS is as good as a direct connection from mains WITH BACKUP.

If peak voltage hits from either direction, ur PSU is gone

a good branded stabilizer would be what i would suggest if one doesnt need a backup

I am currently using Syscom 1KVA auto-stabilizer bought for 1.3K and does a splendid job

6pack said:
that would mean your ups does not work properly. imo buck/boost stabilizers just boost or bring down voltage levels to around 240 volts using a transformer inside.

alternately, his stabilizer output might also be the issue :)

greenhorn said:
alternately, his stabilizer output might also be the issue :)

Guess this is the most likely issue. I don't have any other general purpose stablizers lying around to test it with.

greenhorn said:
You have a True Sine Wave UPS. We (at least most of us) Do not :)

It would be preferable to not lose sight of the OP's requirements here. He can hardly afford a regular UPS :p

I got a regular Pro view 700 .Can this power my VX550.

Back