Windows Using Windows 7 legally

Hi, I have an old PC on which Windows 10 takes around 80% CPU. It has 8GB RAM, but I am not even able to use VLC without a hanging issue. I wonder whether there is an option to use Windows 7 without using cracked software. It will be basic home use and maybe some old game titles that work in Windows 7.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

It's perfectly legal to use any OS unactivated. If you want to can buy cheap keys from websites.

On the other hand 80% CPU usage sounds like something else is an issue which might need investigating or just nuke the current windows install and start fresh (saves a whole lot of time). Also if the PC is old, a cheap 120GB SSD should give it a new life.
Any PC in the past 15 years has mechanical hard drives as their biggest bottleneck.

Knowing the specs might help in sorting the issue out. Usually a new installation has a lot of upgrade and telemetry activity going on in the background with Win10. Like @enthusiast29 suggested, an. SSD could help. Also, did you try Windows Debloaters?

Hi, I have an old PC on which Windows 10 takes around 80% CPU. It has 8GB RAM, but I am not even able to use VLC without a hanging issue. I wonder whether there is an option to use Windows 7 without using cracked software. It will be basic home use and maybe some old game titles that work in Windows 7.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
You should try using Lubuntu or Ubuntu. Most of the stuff that you do in windows like movies and audio, office documents can be done with linux and without paying a single penny,

I have Ubuntu on that PC. It has some issues with the WiFi driver. So not able to use Ubuntu at the moment. Thanks.

Windows 7 used to work great on that particular PC. So I am hoping that I could get my hands on a safe Windows 7 ISO somehow.

I have Ubuntu on that PC. It has some issues with the WiFi driver. So not able to use Ubuntu at the moment. Thanks.

Windows 7 used to work great on that particular PC. So I am hoping that I could get my hands on a safe Windows 7 ISO somehow.

Back