Linux Utorrent for Linux

Ever since uTorrent was released, Mac and Linux users have begged the developers to release a version of the client designed to work on their computers. In 2006, when uTorrent was sold to BitTorrent Inc., the company announced that a Mac version was coming. In 2008, nearly two years after the announcement, it was finally released to the public.

With the the release of the Mac version, Linux users were the only ones left out in the cold, but this is about to change. The uTorrent development team has just announced that they are working on a Linux version of the client. Further details on the time line and an eventual release date are not available at the moment.
The Linux version is the most backed idea on uTorrent’s recently introduced Idea Bank. The Idea Bank is prominently featured on uTorrent’s website and allows users to submit and vote for ideas they want to see implemented. In just a few weeks the idea of a Linux version has been supported by 3254 people. This huge demand from users is one of the main reasons why the Linux version is now in progress.

“Since launching our Idea Bank on uTorrent.com there has been significant demand for a native client for Linux,” BitTorrent Inc. spokesperson Jenna Broughton told TorrentFreak. “We obviously want to do our best to deliver whenever we see a good fit between our goals and capabilities and what our users say they want.”
Source
In my opinion the current clients out there for Linux Ktorrent and deluge are doing pretty good ! Not sure if I would want Utorrent :p

Utorrent is the best!!. I've been searching for a proper utorrent replacement for linux, but I haven't found anything as good as utorrent.

Great news :)

^^ uTorrent is the best there is. I have tried other clients like Transmission and Deluge on Linux and still found uTorrent to be better. Just install the Wine packages and you can use the Windows version of uTorrent perfectly on Linux.

While having used the plethora available for linux, no doubt, wine + utorrent beats hands down all the available options. However if an option of utorrent as a service appears in linux then I would happily grab it.

+LT

uTorrent won't come that early. The Mac version was announced 2 years ago, and it the first 1.0 beta has been released this week itself.

Great news! Finally they started working on a Linux client, I was wondering when the hell they would start doing that.

Till then Wine FTW :D

Back