cyberwar

Disciple
Hi,

I upgraded my system two months back with the below configuration:
Processor: Pentium G630
RAM: 12 gb 1333 Mhz
Motheboard: Asus P8B75-V
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD7750

I use Windows 7 and Windows XP on my system. I schedule utorrent downloads, but after the system upgrade i see that the torrents stop downloading even if there are enough seeds and peers. Say if i keep 5 torrents for download, i see that only one would have downloaded at times or none at times. But seeding happens though for downloaded torrents!
The status in utorrent just says 'stopped'. I tried in both Windows 7 and Windows XP, its the same in both. I never faced this problem with my older system. I am not sure if its because of my network card or some uefi bios settings, i even optimized the utorrent settings but it didnt help. I havent tried any other torrent softwares yet though. Please help.

which µtorrent build are you using?
try this. copy only the µtorrent exe file to a new folder. do not copy the settings.dat or any other file. doubleclick on it to run it from that folder. then add two torrents that were not downloading in previous client to this new one. set the download location to old location and do a force check on the files. it should start downloading. else switch to another client like transmission or qbittorrent. if you change to transmission, just rename the old partially downloaded files extension from .!ut to .part and do a verification of data. transmission and µtorrent download in similar fashion and you can interchange between the clients with ease.

Hi,

I upgraded my system two months back with the below configuration:
Processor: Pentium G630
RAM: 12 gb 1333 Mhz
Motheboard: Asus P8B75-V
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD7750

I use Windows 7 and Windows XP on my system. I schedule utorrent downloads, but after the system upgrade i see that the torrents stop downloading even if there are enough seeds and peers. Say if i keep 5 torrents for download, i see that only one would have downloaded at times or none at times. But seeding happens though for downloaded torrents!
The status in utorrent just says 'stopped'. I tried in both Windows 7 and Windows XP, its the same in both. I never faced this problem with my older system. I am not sure if its because of my network card or some uefi bios settings, i even optimized the utorrent settings but it didnt help. I havent tried any other torrent softwares yet though. Please help.

OT is that 1.2 or 12 GB RAM with a G630?

In addition to what 6pack suggested, try the settings with different set of folders.

Also: Under 'preferences' check if any transfer caps are active and if you have 'seeding tasks have higher preference than downloading tasks' selected.
Also check under 'queuing' if you limited the number of active torrents.

umm this happened to me also......what u r doing wrong is downloading with magnet links......when you download with magnet link the file is not created immediately but only when the download is active and then it stops and you have to start it again(for eg if u download a 700mb movie u will see that 700mb blank file is not immediately created but takes some time and once the blank file is created the download stops).....so in your case the first download starts and gets finished but as said earlier in the second downloads file is not created and only when the second download starts does the file get created and after it gets created the download stops....u have to start again.......

to overcome this problem start each torrent separately and downlad atleast a few kb ,hence all the files will be created and then schedule the downloads
OR
dont use magnet links .use regular torrent downloads......

Back