UV mosquito killer

WhoU

Recruit
Any recommendation on a UV mosquito killer? I see few options on amazon and flipkart but there are mixed reviews with the light working and not. Want to get one which is as good as those in corporate offices.

I've tried a few. Nothing works better than all out mosquito racket. Other rackets also die in about a season or so. All out one has been stirdy. The UV catchers have been really not so good for mosquitos.

Any recommendation on a UV mosquito killer? I see few options on amazon and flipkart but there are mixed reviews with the light working and not. Want to get one which is as good as those in corporate offices.
None, they don't work for mosquitoes and attract the wrong type of insects instead

This has been known for at least a couple of decades but gadgets purporting to do the job still sell because nobody knows better

Reminded me of a trip to Venice many years back. We were at this campsite. The mosquitoes there would sting through t-shirts. Mosquitoes we get here are more gentle in comparison. Only denim was thick enough to keep them off. There were a number of these bug zappers at the restaurant we were at crackling away every few seconds to indicate something was getting zapped but it made no difference to the bites.

Check out the alternatives in that article which are well-known to us already.

1) Bug repellent spray or cream ie. Odomos. This I've personally tested by sitting out on the verandah in an area with open sewers nearby in shorts with nothing else from 5 pm to 8 pm. That's their hunting time. Two bites only. Need to apply the cream every four hours to remain effective.

2) A Fan as is known for generations

3) DIY CO2 trap since mosquitoes like. Not tried that but maybe you can

Last edited:
Back