Vengeance will be mine!

dovakhiin

Adept
Jan 17, 2012
Bangalore
Hello forum!

For the first time ever i've decided to start a show-off thread because of how awesome I feel this keyboard is.
Please excuse my poor photography skills :p

Corsair Vengeance K60 Mechanical gaming keyboard - Damages - 102$.

2013-04-13%2011.54.36-6.jpg

2013-04-13%2011.56.50-1.jpg

2013-04-13%2011.57.51-1.jpg

Initially, I was little concerned about the Cherry MX Red switches. I'd heard that they were overly sensitive and normal typing would be challenge with too many typos, but really it just takes about 5 minutes for your hands to get accustomed to it, even if you're a touch typist like me.

Gaming performance has been absolutely amazing. Every small movement gets captured and the overall experience is really smooth. The red WASD keys are designed for FPS controls. The keys have grips on them and are individually slanted in such a way they are almost perpendicular to your fingers, this makes them really comfortable to press and minimizes slipping. You can also swap back to the default flat keys found inside the wrist support if this doesn't suit you.

The wrist support looks a little clumsy and I was thinking of removing it initially, but it feels rather comfortable when playing an FPS game and both your hands are rested. On the other hand the wrist guard feels a little odd when you're typing and only your left hand is comfortable, besides this the wrist support is a little too high and I can imagine people with a different typing style would have trouble reaching the keys. As far as I can tell the wrist support is the only flawed part of the design, besides that this is an awesome product!

Thanks for reading :)