Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab

zubin4

Disciple
Hi,

I have recently asked a friend in the US to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab (verizon) for me which is coming pretty cheap as he is an employee of Verizon.

Its a contract device locked for a year with Verizon. I have a few questions...

1. Wat connectivity options can I use in India?

2. Can I unlock it? How?

please help.

Thanks

AFAIK, Verizon is CDMA provider. I wouldn't buy it for use in India if I was in your place (unless ofcourse you plan to use only wifi)

zubin4 said:
Its a contract device locked for a year with Verizon. I have a few questions...

1. Wat connectivity options can I use in India?

Since it's a contract device,you have to pay for Early Termination Fees.You can use Reliance Evdo for Data as of now.

OT:at what price are you getting it ?

zubin4 said:
5000 rupees....

can i use reliance on it?

$100 with contract or w/o contract ?Coz Verizon charges $350 as ETC...

If its w/o contract then buy it and you can try activating Evdo on reliance by backend process..

zubin4 said:
$100 for a Verizon locked tab.

how do i activate Evdo on it with Ril?

please if u can explain a bit in depth...
It cannot be $ 100 only. They'll charge you for early termination of contract.

In case you are really getting it for $100, buy it and use it as a AIO tablet. Even without connectivity, it is a great deal!! :p

If u are ordering than one for me too... man for 5k that is awesome even if it is not unlocked...
I will get one surely if u can pic one up for me

Better Get all details from your friend....

Iphone 4 is available from At&t at $199 doesn't mean you can pay $199 and get it to India,although it can be unlocked.

Similarly,if Data Plan are required with Galaxy tab you cannot get it for $100...

If,No contract is Required with the Tab,then it's a best deal you can get...

Unlocking Can be done...Don't forget we live in India and we have Jugaad for everything

m.khurana....

OK here's the clear picture....

I am paying a 100 dollars for a 1 year contracted verizon galaxy tab.

I can bypass the activation and use the device as a wifi tablet with no issues....

BUT... I also want to use a data service on it in INDIA...so i need help in doping that...

so do i need to first unlock it and then root it or root it and install a custom rom.....

I really appriciate all the help and the time u r taking to answer my queries....please help in this tooo.....

I dunno how you are managing to get the Tab for 100 USD.

But in case you can, I would suggest that you grab it. Even if you cannot use the Data Services, it can be used as a tablet and that will be extreme VFM.

Come on, even an Amazon Kindle costs 139 USD... So, a G Tab for 100 USD is FTW!!!

Well if you are in contract then you have to pay monthly fees for 1 year...according to plan you choose...so it's not gonna be $100 only...add monthly charges also...$100 for Samsung tab is too good to believe...

A re guys...I have said this so many times in the thread...its $100 flat thats it....I have used an inside source for this TAB...

My question is still unanswered.....

Lol @ inside source! If it were so easy to buy things on contract and use them without paying monthly charges, everyone would have done that! I certainly find it hard to believe but if you are indeed getting it, good luck for it!

Arre leave him alone guys.wen he says he's gettin it then lets just believ it and help him with his wueries. I wud suggest u hadto rimweb.in and there u ll find all the answers u want.

Back