Car & Bike Verrna fluidic diesel Or a used Cheverolet CRUZE

sahib

Disciple
Since my daily driving ranges between 100-150 kms , i was planning for a diesel sedan.

Suggestions between a verna diesel or a cheverelot cruze (used)

Comfort and efficiency top priorities.

I would go with the cruze, but its just personal opinion. The verna is out just now, so its not really a fully known commodity atm. The cruze is it powerful, better looking, and has nice enough interiors (by GM standards, great)

Drive both and see which you like. I personally liked the Verna. Feels great, and rich. I also wouldn't bother about reliability issues with Hyundai's recent crop of cars since they have been very particular about their image.

Am not looking forward to the vento coz ive heard there are only a couple of service centres and hence the service is limited in the Delhi/Ncr region

A new car is always better than an old car.

Plus, the Chevy Cruze is gonna lose resale value by the day. It happens to all Chevy cars. So also, you'll be the 2nd owner. :(

I would suggest you go for the new Verna.

If you are fine with a second hand cruze why not consider the optra. Read the reviews from t-bhp and if you are fine with the cost of magnum then its a no brainer with cost to the available comfort and driving pleasure. I do not own one just giving you the gist of what i read on t-bhp.

No point purchasing a used Cruze:

It's actually less comfortable than the Optra magnum (check rear seats).

A used Diesel is always unrecommended.

A used GM is further unrecommended.

Pathetic resale value of Cruze, further considering you will be the 2nd owner.

So it's just Verna vs. Optra Magnum. In this comparison too, the Verna has a way upper hand:

Verna:

+Looks!

+Reliability

+Fresher and more feature-filled Interiors

+Cheaper and more easily available A.S.S. and parts

+Resale value

+Fuel economy

+Headroom

+Ground clearance

+Turns better than the Cruze

+Latest car, unlike the out-of-production optra

-Performance in comparison to optra

-Legroom in comparison to optra

Regarding the model to be chosen, I would totally recommend a visit to the showroom. It's a matter of personal opinion and budget.

http://www.carwale.com/research/com....aspx?car1=2151&car2=2150&car3=1204&car4=1620

Checkout the "All features" tab for a quick comfort comparison.

nehaladsul said:
A new car is always better than an old car.

Plus, the Chevy Cruze is gonna lose resale value by the day. It happens to all Chevy cars. So also, you'll be the 2nd owner. :(

I would suggest you go for the new Verna.
U know this is the foremost reason im skeptical about Chevy cruze and the optra magnum is a big no-no!

Also i doubt on the Chevy built quality(Correct me if im wrong here)

Just that the cruze reviews have been overwhelming that's why perplexed.

It all comes down the number mate, for any new car if u plan on keeping it for a minimum of 5 years the difference in the resale value of a chevy and a hyundai would be almost negligible. But if its less than that its best to look for a hyundai. But for a second hand car the resale value vs usage value increases two fold when u are planning on keeping the car for a period of even 3 years or more.

Besides the chevy is a great car with an impressive road presence and a powerful diesel, the only gripe is B2B traffic, but since u are going for a second hand anyway u can always turn to Pete's.

memnom said:
It all comes down the number mate, for any new car if u plan on keeping it for a minimum of 5 years the difference in the resale value of a chevy and a hyundai would be almost negligible. But if its less than that its best to look for a hyundai. But for a second hand car the resale value vs usage value increases two fold when u are planning on keeping the car for a period of even 3 years or more.

Besides the chevy is a great car with an impressive road presence and a powerful diesel, the only gripe is B2B traffic, but since u are going for a second hand anyway u can always turn to Pete's.

My route involves the highways till manesar so that isnt a problem.

Tried the Verna fluidic today and was mighty IMPRESSED .

Only the steering feels a little too artificial on high speeds and turns.

Interiors were pretty neat and laid out.

The CRUZE as i have driven a lot (thanks to my girlfriend) has more of the driver involvment and feel more solid.

Still deciding though ,brochures still up in my hands :p

Back