ninjarao

Adm1n Privilege
Disciple
MTNL[HG510] |------| Computer [ Desktop]
|
|------ Internet :p
|
LinkSYs wireless [befw1154]|------| Laptop + Wifi Mobile phone
Now the problem is i am on bridge connection so i configured MTNL with Bridge for connection and in wireless also i made connection dynamic and i made dialer in laptop and through wirless i able to dial and get logged in on internet and even i can access the net on Desktop .. NOW Problem :p

1 - I can't able to access Internet both Laptop and Desktop at same time , i only able to access on at a time .

2 - since wireless also on bridge connection on my Mobile wireless cant access the net .. it able to access the Linsys and wep connected but not able to browse so how to make dialer for able to access the net in mobile .

You need to put the modem in PPPOE mode and not in bridging mode. Only then you'll be able to access internet with more than one device. That way, your internet will be "always on", no need of any dialers then.

Sorry I cannot tell you how to configure HG510 in PPPOE mode as I've never used the modem. Maybe some other member can help you. Or you can ask the MTNL guys to put the modem in PPPOE mode.

Once the modem is in PPPOE mode, you can use your wireless router as a switch.

reshadat said:
You need to put the modem in PPPOE mode and not in bridging mode. Only then you'll be able to access internet with more than one device. That way, your internet will be "always on", no need of any dialers then.

Sorry I cannot tell you how to configure HG510 in PPPOE mode as I've never used the modem. Maybe some other member can help you. Or you can ask the MTNL guys to put the modem in PPPOE mode.

Once the modem is in PPPOE mode, you can use your wireless router as a switch.

Thanks for the reply

Well i need Bridge mode since its good for Torrent speed .. i want to keep it that way i think i cant make dialer for pc simultaneously i think i need to settle with one pc at a time or just sacrifice the speed for torrents :mad: ..i thought i am doing something wrong here .. thats i needed expert comments hope someone has better option ..

Thanks Mate for your time .

is yr mtnl outputting to wireless router and then wireless feeding to other devices?? The map that u have shown here confuses me.

ninjarao said:
Thanks for the reply

Well i need Bridge mode since its good for Torrent speed .. i want to keep it that way i think i cant make dialer for pc simultaneously i think i need to settle with one pc at a time or just sacrifice the speed for torrents :mad: ..i thought i am doing something wrong here .. thats i needed expert comments hope someone has better option ..

Thanks Mate for your time .

Configure your modem in PPPoE mode. Configure port forwarding in your modem and router. You will get good torrent speeds.

oh thanks Guys ... now i need to see how to do port forwarding for my modem ...:tongue: thanks for your comments ...

Konquerror said:

Thanks Mate i been there and looked for the Utorrent settings .. thanks mate .. ! my concern now remains i am on data limited plan and night unlimited :hap2:, now i have to disable my net connection dnt want to keep it on at all time . now i need to use some tool for it so i can off and on whenever i feel like .. thanks :ashamed:

@ninjarao, you can follow the method below and lot of people are using it

Step 1. Create the script file with the following commands and name it reboot.txt

WAIT "Login"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Password"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "system restart\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "User logout\m"

Step 2. Download the Telnet Scripting tool (google for it) in case you don't get it, PM me, I'll give it to you

Step 3. Create a batch file with the following commands and name it reboot.bat

@echo off
echo Router Restart Program
echo ------------------------------
echo Executing Scheduled Restart at
time /t
date /t
echo ------------------------------
echo Restarting ...
TST10.exe /r:reboot.txt
echo Congratulations !!! The Router has been successfully restarted !

Step 4 Copy all the above three files to a folder

Step 5. Use the Windows "Scheduled Tasks" Wizard to run "reboot.bat" daily at 2:10 am and 7:55 am to restart ur modem/router. You can use any scheduler for this, I'm using wincron as my scheduler

Back