PC Peripherals Very Tight Budget PC!

Yep.

Maximus Institute runs Maya on P4 3Ghz, 1 GB RAM and FX5500 with 256MB VRAM :rofl:.. Thats what the Tech guy from there stressed at so.. Lol. im sure itll run fine on a the Jetway.

It mainly depends on CPU so :).

Even our Maac andheri has Pentium Ds with 1 gb ram...some of the older ones are still using p4 3ghz with 512mb rams and are real pain with rendering... :lol: As for the gfx cards, i've seen machines with fx 5200 to x300:)O ) to the newer ones using quadro fx550 here....

but i think, its always better if u invest in a dedicated gfx card if u are making a rig for 3d work..sure u can skip it now, but i think even a 7600GS will be good if u can get it now...quadros are plain too costly for what they have to offer, so no point in going for them...imho, 7600gs/gt are good for most of the 3d work..

Also, i wud suggest tht if her course also includes compositing software like combustion, its better to get 2 gb of ram..cos the machines suck with combustion at 1gb... so if u go for 512x2 ram, sooner or later u will have to throw them for accomodating 2 gb of ram..so better get a single 1 gb stick now n later on, add another stick when u have the moolah..:)

if its even a toned dwn X700 its fine...after all she is probably nt gng to hv a mega scene loaded.....so alls well...

[OT Start]

^^^ thats just the pt. its not a toned down x700....thats just some stupid marketing gimmick by DAAMIT

i mean come on.....toned down is cut on core clock or something....u cant call 8600gt a toned down version of 8800GTX...it simply isnt

[/OT Ends]

but yeah the x1150 onboard shld be able to handle maya somewat okishly....wldnt kno...never worked on maya

Told my dealer to keep parts ready for me tomorrow 2PM, err.. Today...

X2 3600 + Jetway 690G Combo - Rs.6850

Dynet 512x2 DDR2-533 - Rs.2000 (Ill try to bargain for this price, it doesn't seem right. Heh, Single stick 1GB was was Rs.1800)

Samsung DVD-RW - Rs.1450

Samsung 160GB HDD Sata2 - Rs.2550

Mouse + Generic Cabbie + 400W PSU + Headphones - Rs.1925

Samsung DVD-RW??

shldnt u stick with a LG or BenQ or LiteOn

Samsung iirc made crappy drives....especially the crappy trays....dunno if the scenario has changed

and any particular reason for not going for a 160 Seagate 7200.10 single platter instead of samsung?? just curious

Well, the Lite-On's and LG's and even BenQ's are around 1750 - 1950.

Im on a shoestring budget here, which cant exceed a penny over 15000.

Ill check the price of the Seagate, if its the same, ill go for it.

My first DVD-RW was a Samsung :s.. Nothing was wrong with it. It never screwed up a disc, and managed to read DVD's which my HP DVD 640, couldn't read :p.

^^ Even then don't risk it with Samsung..especially with the writer..I've used 2 Samsung drives years back and they went kaput within six months.. :mad:

AMD4Life said:
^^ Even then don't risk it with Samsung..especially with the writer..I've used 2 Samsung drives years back and they went kaput within six months.. :mad:

1 Year Warranty :p.

Ill check out the cheapest drive available except for the Samsung, Thanks for the Heads up!

Aditya said:
Hmm.. I got a quote of 6850 for the Combo.. Good price I guess.

Im buying Dynet DDR2-533. They OC to like 800Mhz anyways :p. WIll run them at 667.

i picked up the jetway + 3600 combo for 7k yesterday.. where did u manage to get a quote for 6850?!?!

kingston 667 Hynix FPY-5 chips .. hope i got that righz zhops..

still deciding on what psu + cabby... hmmm :huh:

Um.. RK Infosys, a Shop outside the Prime ABGB Lane.

The guy is a good friend of mine, he gives me his best price w/o me asking for it :p.

well aditya try look for a sony OEM dirve. my experience with them has been good. they cost close to 1600 with a years warranty .

Mouse + Generic Cabbie + 400W PSU + Headphones - Rs.1925 , rather for once cut on the headphones, a good dvd writer is also a must . and SAMSUNG drives are horrible , so are their combo drives.

Back