Linux VERY USEFUL......Do Read It!!!

Eldorados

Disciple
These were the things i tired out n was very sucessfull!!!i hope all te members will try this out.

1) Hiden Battery power: Imagine your cell battery is very low, u r
expecting an important call and u don't have a charger. Nokia
instrument comes with a reserve battery.
To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this
reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This
reserve will get charged when u charge your cell next time.

2) Locked the keys in the car? Your car has remote keys? This may come
in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your
keys in the car and the spare keys are home, call someone on your cell
phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have
the other person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near
the phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from
having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be
hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other
"remote" for your car,you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).Editor's
Note: *It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a
cell phone!"

3) Emergency number The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112.
If you find yourself out of coverage area of your mobile network and
there is an emergency,
dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish
the mergency number for you, and interestingly ...this number 112 can
be dialed even while the keypad is locked. Try it out.

From,
Eldorados

ummm...I just tried 2 above. (Car remote working over cellphone )...doesn't work....

Also, 1 (*3370) is not a reserver battery activator and wouldn't suddenly charge your almost empty battery to 50%, *3370#/#3370# is toggle EFR on/off.. (Enhanced Full Rate, which is a high quality voice code )

Switching EFR off will help yougain some extra mileage on the battery while on a call (not in standby though), but do not expect a considerable jump...It will also lower your voice clarity to the lsitener, so do not forget to switch EFR back on again when the battery is charged

sorry if I sound rude, but plz refrain from posting unverified email forwards (which is what it seems to be) ... I just wasted 30 mins trying to verify (2) above

It works remember car remote works only threw mobile to mobile n not landline,it shud be either to gsm to gsm or cdma to cdma moblies.
N i said *3370# is only 4 use when u have low battery in emergency!!!

^^tried withh cell-cell buddy...doesn't work....

give me 1 reason why it should work????do you think ur car remote signal will somehow piggyback on the cellphone signals? or do some funny kind of a modulation tango with your phone waves??

N i said *3370# is only 4 use when u have low battery in emergency!!!

Nokia

instrument comes with a reserve battery.

To activate, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restart with this

reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery

As i said above, there is no reserve battery...toggling EFR off by using that code will reduce the drain on the battery while on acall thereby leading to marginal improvement in Talktime (only)

superczars i've tired it n was sucessfull!!!yes it might piggyback them as cell phone signals have a tendency to attract the wave signals.u can clarify that with a mobi tech.

ok...here's some dope from the net:

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/phonelocks.html

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_unlock_door.htm

and from snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

Relaying remote entry system signals via telephone might work if the signals were sound-based, but they're not. An RKE system transmits an encrypted data stream to a receiver inside the automobile via an RF (radio frequency) signal, a signal that can't be effectively relayed via cell phone. (In any event, RKE systems and cell phones typically operate on completely different frequencies; the former in the 300 MHz range and the latter in the 800 MHz range.)

Also

We don't know whether whoever created this message was deliberately joking or earnestly mistaken, but the vision of stranded motorists vainly holding cell phones up to their cars in the hopes of unlocking them is an amusing one. One might as well suggest that a spare piano key could be used to gain entry to a locked automobile.

(More than a few people have inadvertently fooled themselves into believing the cell phone method of unlocking car doors actually works because they tried it and achieved the desired results — not realizing their cars were still within range of their keyless remote devices, and the signals that unlocked the doors were transmitted the usual way [i.e., through the air], not via cellular phone connections.)

possibly, when you tried this out, the car may not have been too far away from the spare remote

Back