VGA Box

Which is the best VGA box out there on the market?? got a ps3 and a 17" CRT monitor.

not sure which one to go in for - XCM or YPbPr to RGBHV

are they available in india?? does anyone here own one??

I havent seen a VGA Box available in India anywhere. Anyways I dont understand what you mean by "XCM or YPbPr to RGBHV". XCM is a brand while YPbPr to RGBHV is the process the component cables give YPbPr which is converted to the VGA standard RGB HV. XCM or any other similar transcoder does the same thing.

As for the quality I am not sure which is the best, but I have been recommended the XCM one by multiple people. Also the XCM on PlayAsia.com is the cheapest I have found any place unless you have someone in US who can get it along with them. There are other ways for getting VGA out of PS3 on a non HDCP compliant monitor, but all of them are costlier than this VGA box. In Fact theres a HDMI to VGA convertor, but its selling for $150 in the US.

Anyways I have ordered the XCM VGA Box from PlayAsia yesterday. Its already shipped out (Free bubblewrap shipping), Not sure how much time it takes to reach.

Lord Nemesis said:
Also the XCM on PlayAsia.com is the cheapest I have found any place unless you have someone in US who can get it along with them.
Anyways I have ordered the XCM VGA Box from PlayAsia yesterday. Its already shipped out (Free bubblewrap shipping), Not sure how much time it takes to reach.

I found one on renchi.com cheaper than the playasia.com one!

I am gonna order from renchi!

Buy 1080p Mega-Cool VGA Box (XCM) for Other Gear (import) & other Import Video games at RenChi.com

I wanted to ask whether this will be good for an 18.5 inch monitor having 1366 x 768 native resolution?

Will it be able to output all PS2 games in the best quality if component cables are used?

I have everything except a VGA box, because I am not able to choose the best one for my weird resolution monitor.

If it was available in India, I would have tested and bought it. But as it is not available, I will have to risk a huge amount of money...:(

sid_donnydarko said:
Which is the best VGA box out there on the market?? got a ps3 and a 17" CRT monitor.

not sure which one to go in for - XCM or YPbPr to RGBHV

are they available in india?? does anyone here own one??

If you have the money to go for a 23000 buck ps3, you should prolly be having the bucks to get a decent 22 or 24 inch full hd monitor, only then you can experience the ps3 in its true elegance using that xcm mega cool thing.
that is just my opinion.
did you get the ps3 hacked? or is it the warranty one.?

vivekbabbudelhi said:
best VGA BOX is compro v600 with 10-bit ADC WT8853 from Welltrend, 3d y/c , YCbCr component video input...

I googled for your so called VGA box from Welltrend, but could not find it, I am sorry could you please post a link to it with all its specifications?

Back