Monitors Vga cable for laptop to lcd

anfjavid

Skilled
hello guys, I am from chennai. Could any one plz tell me whats the price of this cable in richie st., Chennai ?. Gonna use this to connect my laptop to my sony bravia LCD TV. Preferred this one as there is no dvi or hdmi port in my laptop.

And if i connect /disconnect the vga cable frequently (for watching movies) to my LCD, will my laptop VGA port be damaged ? . I am going to keep the VGA cable connected to my TV end always. Whenever i want to watch movies i will connect to my lappy. Please assure me that this doesnt cause any harm to the my lappy's vga port pins.

Is there any 1st quality /2nd quality available for this ?. Also give me the best price for which it sells in Chennai and the shop name. I am quoted around 150 for this cable. The cheap one is also available for Rs.70 . Sometime back i heard that an HDMI cable itself sells for around 150. So this amount for a vga cable seems to be pricey.

Please help me guys as I dont know the exact price.

I don't think there's any question of the vga port getting damaged by using it too often. Regarding quality, I think the one for which you've been quoted Rs.150 has a little bump on the wires (dont know what its called) and the cheaper one does not.

I would suggest going for the better quality wire one and the one thats longer in length.

P.S. You would also need a wire to connect the audio from laptop to LCD. Thats another 90 bucks if you buy from ebay :)

Bought one for 120 bucks recently, was supposedly the good quality one. The audio cable shouldnt cost 90, i got one from sp road for like 30 bucks i think

Can anyone share ebay/other site link for VGA to HDMI cable for connecting laptop VGA port to HDMI of LCD from Good vendor. ?

hunt3r said:
Bought one for 120 bucks recently, was supposedly the good quality one. The audio cable shouldnt cost 90, i got one from sp road for like 30 bucks i think

Wow. Finally i got the vga cable at this price 2 days back. The cable is seal packed and in the packing it is written as jing wei jei. So it must be a branded item from China. I got the audio cable for 25.

And I have a question . You must have come across a brand named MX, right ?. This company manufactures audio/video cables. I heard that this is a good brand and it will be better than the other china makes. Is this true ??. AFAIK only two shops in richie st., deal with this brand. They charge double amount for MX brands.

Anyone have any idea about the quality of this brand ?. The same stereo to stereo cable (china make - STONE brand) which i bought for 25 bucks costs 45 bucks for MX. Is there great difference between these brands and is it worth spending more on MX brands ??.

I am quoted around 150 for this cable. The cheap one is also available for Rs.70
I had bought couple of Rs. 75 cables once to use with a VGA splitter. They were full black.
The output I got with those cables was not as good as the output I got with the VGA cables that came with Samsung Monitors.

I think the best thing to do would be to buy a VGA cable from someone who has bought a LCD monitor recently and is not using the VGA cable that came with it.

I have some audio cables lying with me and the deterioration in sound quality is noticeable with them. Compared to the cable that came bundled with my MX5021. Since the only branded ones available easily are MX, I guess I'll try them out sometime.

Back