Graphic Cards video card for gaming

Polichuth

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 0-20k, I could push a Little further, but it can't be much more expensive than that
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel(R) Core(R) I3-2100 CPU 3.10GHz
    • RAM - 8GB DDR2
    • GPU - GeForce 8600 GT
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - Intel(R) Core(R) I3-2100 CPU 3.10GHz
    2. RAM - 8GB DDR2
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • GPU
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Brazil
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
  9. Do you have any brand preference ? Please name them.
    • No
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Wolfenstein The New Order
    • Thief
    • Watch Dogs
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720 or 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

I have no idea of what brand it is, all it says is "LPJ2P4 250W". If an upgrade is required, what would you recomend? Please keep in mind that I have a very low budget

You need to change your PSU first! I'd recommend you to buy an Asus R9 270x 2 GB graphic card along with a Corsair 500 (or more) watts PSU - Any model would do.

And please, don't buy a graphics card without changing your PSU first.

Cost of Asus R9 270x GPU 2 GB : 17k
Cost of Corsair GPU (VS550): 3.18k

Also, check the length of the card to see if it would fit in your cabinet. If it doesn't, then go for Sapphire R9 270x or other variant.

I am not sure about prices in Brazil, but if it's cheaper there, then I'd recommend GTX 760 2 GB (preferably from Asus, Zotac or other highly reputed vendors) or even R9 280x 3GB if it fits into your budget!

Last edited:
Corsair VS should be reliable enough IMO. If OP required 600 or plus watt, I'd have definitely recommended Seasonic or Corsair TX series myself. But with a 500 watt requirement, I'd prefer something that is cheap because the next time he wants to upgrade his GPU, chances are it'd demand at least 550+ wattage and he'd have to change his PSU either way.

Btw I have a Corsair GS 700 and the reviews for it everywhere are kinda bad, I am just glad I didn't face any problem so far. From now on, I'd stick to either something that is cheap or something that is the best within reasonable budget, nothing in between :D

OP, Seasonic S12 520 W costs 5k which is 2k more than VS 550, the 2k difference is completely worth it if you plan on sticking to it for a long time as Seasonic builds durable and efficient PSUs but don't compromise that 2k on your graphic card, just extend your budget by 2k.

Older GS models were having problem but it was rectified in newer models IIRC. VS isn't quite stable. Antec VP450P or 500P is much better an VS and cheaper than S12II 430 or 520.

Back