Budget 71-90K Video Editing And Gaming RIG

D3mone

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 80~90 K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - AOC 2795vh
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i7-2600K
    • Motherboard - Asus Maximus V GENE
    • GPU - Maybe GTX 660ti not decided
    • RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8 GB
    • SSD - Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
    • HDD - 2TB segate or WD
    • PSU- Corsair VS650
    • SPEAKER - Logitech Z906 5.1
    • Keyboard &Mouse - Not Decided
    • COOLER & CABINET- Not Decided
    • UPS - Anything with 1 hr backup
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, this is my final Config
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • CHENNAI
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Video Editing & VFX
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NO
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Battlefield 4
    • Crysis 3
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 19208*1080
    2. Desktop - 1920*1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not now
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • Is the monitor good enough or do i need to change it ?

check my responses in the [brackets] :)
  1. What is your budget?
    • 80~90 K
  2. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - AOC 2795vh [KEEP IT - see my note at the end]
  3. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i7-2600K [3770K]
    • Motherboard - Asus Maximus V GENE [This is a microATX board if you are comfortable with it then fine - you can accordingly chose a smaller cabinet]
    • GPU - Maybe GTX 660ti not decided [670 with 4GB VRAM] - if you go for a smaller cabinet then check if these cards would fit inside comfortably
    • RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8 GB - [try G.Skill]
    • SSD - Samsung 840 Series 120 GB - [the pro series is better]
    • HDD - 2TB segate or WD
    • PSU- Corsair VS650 - [Seasonic SS660KM]
    • COOLER & CABINET- Not Decided [If air-cooling then go for CM Hyper Evo 212 - if you do not wish to OC, then this is the best & cheapest cooler to replace Intels awful stock solution] - CABINET - Take your pick from mini/mid/tower as your mobo is micro-ATX; chose from Corsair; Antec; Bitfenix or CM
    • UPS - Anything with 1 hr backup [APC - Do not go for any other brand]
  4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • CHENNAI
    • Open to online purchase - As you live in Chennai - theitdepot is a good place to pick up all your components. If prices are better elsewhere then you can try - (from Mumbai) - primeabgb; theitwares (both are credible places). I made 80% of my purchases from these 3 places.
  5. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Video Editing & VFX
    • Gaming - the 670 should handle both the above comfortably.
  6. Querry?
    • Is the monitor good enough or do i need to change it ? - [Yes it's good enough & with the money saved on this component - you could easily - chose the following
    • 256GB SSD - This is where are your apps + games could comfortably reside.
    • GPU - Instead of 660Ti - go for 670 with 4GB VRAM - Cheers/Terry

Thanks for the suggestions terence_fdes, Is Asus Maximus V GENE a good mobo ? , if not any good mobos around 15k .Is Logitech z906 (18k)really worth the price ? I'm being a movie freak i choose this after going through many reviews .well what do u think about it ?

Thanks for the suggestions terence_fdes, Is Asus Maximus V GENE a good mobo ? , if not any good mobos around 15k .Is Logitech z906 (18k)really worth the price ? I'm being a movie freak i choose this after going through many reviews .well what do u think about it ?

The Gene is a gamer's motherboard and it has done very well, as it is an mATX board, you get the freedom to chose a smaller cabinet. See these reviews from newegg & 3dguru. It's onboard audio is also very good.

You can stick to your decision (both Asus & Gigabyte also have other Z77 boards withing that price range).

About the Logitech Z906 - let's wait for others to add their comments..... (the specs look great, however I have not heard it personally. Does it reproduce Dolby 5.1; HD audio & DTS impressively?)

Yes it does check the specs : The speakers are compact and performs like beast .Had a demo of this speakers in showroom , One word to describe it "MIND BLOWING"

Total watts (RMS)
Subwoofer
Satellites

500 W​
165 W​
5 x 67 W​

THX® Certified

Yes​

Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding​

Yes​

DTS decoding​

Yes​

3D Stereo
(Surround sound from 2-channel sources)​

Yes​

Digital optical inputs​

2​

Digital coaxial input​

1​

Six-channel direct input​

Yes​

RCA input​

Yes​

3.5 mm input​

1​

Control console​

Stackable​

Satellites​

4, wall mountable​

Center channel speaker​

1, wall mountable​

Subwoofer​

Ported, side-firing​

Remote​

Infrared​

1. What is your budget?
    • 80~90 K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - AOC 2795vh
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i7-2600K
    • Motherboard - Asus Maximus V GENE
    • GPU - Maybe GTX 660ti not decided
    • RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8 GB
    • SSD - Samsung 840 Series 120 GB
    • HDD - 2TB segate or WD
    • PSU- Corsair VS650
    • COOLER & CABINET- Not Decided
    • UPS - Anything with 1 hr backup
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, this is my final Config
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • CHENNAI
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Video Editing & VFX
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NO
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Battlefield 4
    • Crysis 3
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 19208*1080
    2. Desktop - 1920*1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Not now
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • Is the monitor good enough or do i need to change it ?
Here goes your config: Local Prices only.

Intel Core i5 3570k -13950,
Asus Maximus V Gene -14500,
Sapphire HD7870 2GB -16250, (7870 can be overclocked to reach 7950)
Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1150,
Corsair GS600 -4500,
Samsung 840 120GB SSD -6500,
WD Black 1TB -6000,
G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB 1600MHz -3800,
Corsair H60 Cooler -3700,
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -2200,
Logitech G400 -1650,
Logitech Z506 (5.1) -5500, (3D Stereo)
APC 1.1kva UPS -5000,
Corsair 300R-3900,
Cooler master 140mm 4 BLUE LED Fans -2200.
TOTAL -90,800.

@OP
Will you overclocking much ? When you will be going to overclock ? I would only recommend a Maximus V Gene when you are a complete enthusiast.

Also which application will you be using for video editing ?

hitesh12 About OC i have to decide it after checking the stock performance of the rig, i choose MAXIMUS V GENE for the Supreme FX III and easy overclocking features. The apps i use are adobe creative suit CS6 & Sony vegas for Editing , cinema 4d and blender for 3d .

If not maximus which mobo would you suggest around 15 k , btw what about Asrock Z77E-ITX is it good ?

hitesh12 About OC i have to decide it after checking the stock performance of the rig, i choose MAXIMUS V GENE for the Supreme FX III and easy overclocking features. The apps i use are adobe creative suit CS6 & Sony vegas for Editing , cinema 4d and blender for 3d .

If not maximus which mobo would you suggest around 15 k , btw what about Asrock Z77E-ITX is it good ?

It's a great board (is it available locally?).
However, I wish to caution you again - these boards mini ITX or the slightly bigger mATX are best suited for HTPC builds - where everything is compacted into a sleek & small cabinet (you gotta think macro for everything - mini PSU, COOLER, gpu; at most only 2 HDD's and limited expandability options). If this form factor suits your purpose - then go ahead with it.

But as you now mention that you use Adobe CS6; Vegas; cinema 4d & Blender, I assume that you would be running your PC for long hours at a stretch + looking at healthy storage options. This means that your components should be installed in a cabinet with adequate cooling & ventilation options..... and yet I admit that there are folks out these (mostly abroad) who have achieved amazing things in compacted environments - done liquid cooling or used the monstrous NH-D14 too.

Don't ever go for low end Asrock MB's. If you really want MB's like Asus Maximus V GENE then you can go for Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 @ 13500 locally which has On board Creative Sound Core3Dâ„¢ quad-core audio processor.

Back