Video editor for editing wedding videos

Hi all, my friend is a professional photographer and videographer who shoots weddings. He works solo.

Till now, he has been using an old PC with P-IV, and Windows XP, and uses Pinnacle 9/12 to edit wedding videos. Pinnacle 9 had a whole lot of Indian wedding effects, which are not there in 12.

Pinnacle 9 is now very very old, and also doesn't work with HD videos.

My friend plans to buy a new PC later this year, with latest configuration, and he also plans to buy a full HD video camera.

He will need a video editor to edit the videos shot with that video camera.

Are there any professional wedding videographers or studio members here, who can tell what video editor is being used currently for mixing wedding videos? Something which can be used on a single PC.

If anyone has any knowledge of such video editors, please post, will be appreciated.

We had gone to one shop, and there he was saying of using Avid, but we didn't ask which version of Avid, or the software name.

Just for curiosity what is Indian wedding effects - Is it Video FX or Video Filter Like Black White or Old Flim Effects etc ?

Have you tried any of the open source video editors like OpenShot, KDEnlive? Of course, keep separate backups of your original media files on separate disks before experimenting! :D

No, haven't tried that.

Thing is, he is a professional, and I was more interested in video editors that are professionally used by photo studios, or professionals involved in this profession in India.

We went to a local shop here, which sells video editing software for videography professionals like my friend.. and he suggested getting the Pinnacle Studio 20, which supports 4K videos as well. So, most likely, we will be going for that. It has many effects for Indian weddings included too, like Pinnacle Studio 9.

Other software which is being used by professionals here is Avid Liquid, but he told that it doesn't support the HD format.

Back