User Review Video Review: Asus TransformerBook T100

Hi guys. This is my 500th post on TE and I wanted to use this post to present to you a video review of the Asus TransformerBook T100 which is also the first video on my new YT channel. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or queries. I'm leaving a written summary in the spoiler below for people unable to access the video.

Starting off with the design and construction,T100 has a decidedly plastic build. The back of the tablet has a glossy finish which is a fingerprint magnet. The dock on the other hand is made of matte plastic. But thankfully neither feels flimsy in hand. Together they weigh 1.2 kilograms and 600 grams each on their own.

Moving on to the ports and buttons, the keyboard dock is devoid of any ports except for a full sized USB 3.0 port on the left. The top edge of the tablet has the power button and a charging LED. The left edge has the volume rocker and the start button. The right edge is pretty busy with a micro sd card slot, a micro usb port, a 3.5mm jack, and surprisingly a micro HDMI port. The dock comes with a chiclet style keyboard which has clicky keys with reasonable travel.

The multitouch trackpad is finicky at times and requires harder clicks. It comes with stereo speakers on the back which are impressively loud. It also comes with a 1.2 MP webcam. The tablet sports a 10.1 inch HD multi touch display which is reasonably bright except in harsh outdoor light. The dock can be easily removed with the press of a button

The device runs on a 4th Gen Intel Atom quad core processor which packs quite the punch while still being frugal on battery usage. It comes with 2 gigabytes of RAM and Intel HD graphics. The version I have has 32 gigabytes of storage onboard. It runs full Windows 8.1 and also comes with the student edition of Microsoft Office.

Performance on this device is pretty fast and fluid. It works without a hitch for all kinds of day to day usage.

The battery life on this device is phenomenal to say the least. ASUS claims it has a max battery life of 10 hrs but I could easily eek out 12 hours of web browsing which mostly includes YouTube at moderate brightness which makes it great on the go. Even while running heavy tasks like games it achieved 6-7 hours of battery life.

All in all, though the presence of only a single full sized USB port might irk some people and the screen could have been more vibrant, T100 is still a pretty solid purchase for someone looking for tablet like portability and battery life while still having the power and productivity of full Windows, especially at the below 400$ or 30000INR price point.

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtl5Tl7UnM-RWL8OuZgp9Jg

Short review but informative. However i would like to give few suggestions.
- Move the camera slowly while showing the product or while editing slow the movement
- I know we want to speak fast like David pierce but its too fast.
- Also sound was dull.

It looks like your first video review. Kudos!

Thanks :) Yes, this is my first and yes, I'm aware of all the three problems, but I let it be for this time as I realized it after the final edit and this was pending since too long. Recording sound was the most frustrating experience due to recording using the mic of a PSEye and noisy environment. I intend to get better in future videos. Subscribe to see the progress.

Hey.

Wonderful review. Please do avoid unnecessary pan out shots as part of the final video. :). As an Indian, we talk fast. It happens. So please slow down when you talk. It may sound weird to you first. But please try.

Great Effort. Hope you put in more.

@artikle Excellent review. To me, the speed of your narration was pretty much okay. But yes, panning shots when you were describing each side of the laptop were annoying. You could slow it down or eliminate it altogether. JM2C.

Nice review dude . . .and vizag hills on the back ground Awesome :) I am from AP too . . .just bought one in black friday sale on amazon for $306 . . The new model comes with an aluminium frame and a more powerful processor . I got the 64 gb variant . Still waiting to lay my hands on this baby , should be here by december end :)

Back