Android Video stabilization issues on Samsung M-series phones

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Some of you may know that Samsung phones viz M-series (M31, M51 etc.) all have serious stabilization issues when recording videos. I do not know if all Samsung phones have this issue but I noticed it in the M-series. Major users and some reviewers don't mention this properly in their reviews but this issue is real and its there.
I want to ask if this is a hardware issue or a software issue and if there has been any update from Samsung regarding this. If it was a software issue Samsung could fix it in one patch but if it's a hardware issue then...
Some users mentioned this problem even in the old M series phones and we see that this problem still persisting even in the M51. It baffles me how Samsung screwed this up. It's as if they are intentionally ignoring it. It doesn't affect image quality so maybe they don't care about the video part but if you there's a problem and you could fix it then why not just fix it?

Anyway, I'm asking because I really like the M51 as it's the only phone which ticks most of my requirements and mainly because of its battery but the stabilization issue is a major deterrent. I like to record videos of my rural country-side adventures. I'm concerned about the stabilization more than the quality.
Also is there a good alternative to the Samsung M51? I thought Moto Fusion Plus but 2000mah battery difference is a huge chunk.

Last edited:
I'd guess since they have EIS they can correct it via a future software update , but the phone being a mid ranger as far as samsung phones are concerned then a phone with OIS camera is always better . Just from my experience .

Some Samsung devices feel like a rushed (As in paper specs) product in order to compete. If no amount of software fixes the OIS issue, I would suggest investing in a gimbal stabilizer like Zhiyun Smooth X or a DJI Osmo 4.

Can you explain more about the issue? Electronic image stabilization is never perfect. You can also pick a gimbal and make your shots super smooth or disable the in-phone stabilization and use DaVinci Resolve to stabilize the footage.

Can you explain more about the issue? Electronic image stabilization is never perfect. You can also pick a gimbal and make your shots super smooth or disable the in-phone stabilization and use DaVinci Resolve to stabilize the footage.
I'm not saying they are perfect. Just that Samsung phones have terrible stabilization. But don't take my word for it. You can check out the videos yourself online. Even my Moto G5+ which costs 15k 3 years ago doesn't have this issue.

Back