Video Videocon 34" flat tv with 32 " plasma FREE!

draz

Disciple
Hey guys,

There is this offer in bangalore. Videcon 34" Flat tv for 12,990 Rs and if u pay 7k more for a plasma TV coupon after 2 yrs and 11 months u get a 32" videocon plasma tv free. You can also redeem that 7k coupon for good offers before 3 yrs too.

Any idea how the videocon 34" color tv is? is it worth th 13k now?

and what about plasma? will they be giving out phased oput pieces free to people then?

sorry guys, for reviving this thread.

But there are many complaints that videocon is not honoring the above offer.

They have stopped manufacturing the plasma TVs and Now they are asking extra money for LCD TVs !!!

Its pathetic that these companies do not honour their OWN OFFERS.

May be it was a scam from the beginning ?

Even I have bought this TV under the offer. The offer will mature on 21st of next month. I donno what to do. The dealer i bought redirects me to Videocon Bangalore who in turns points back to the dealer.

Have written mail to Videocon Aurangbad Head office, they said they ll get back to me and it was 8 days ago.

Guys please help..

Videocon ppl now are telling that they ll give 20% discount on any videocon product and also a discount of 11.5k instead of the bond. I can use it to purchase any videocon product itseems.

Guys suggestions .. ?

Dont settle for anything less than a 32" plasma if not plasma then a 32" LCD ..its their problem that they stopped manufacturing the product! they should honor their deal.

it seems they anticipated that the plasma prices will fall in 3 years ...lol!

They have taken extra money from customers and now there are not honouring the deal. I can understand that in 3 years their Plasma TVs are no longer existing but then they shouldn't have taken customers money in the first place.

They need to either refund the money (with interest of 3 years) or give a 32" LCD TV at no extra cost.

Here is an update.

Got a letter from videocon.

Have to pay ~4500 for taxes if i want the plasma which doesn't even have AV input, remote control, stand or wall mount.

If i want a version with AV input i need to pay abt 16k extra haha thats a joke.

But as per offer, i can pay extra 23 k along with submitting bond and get this 40" LCD. http://www.videoconworld.com/index.php?option=com_catalog&Itemid=83&act=detail&pid=239

Only 2 options get this 40" LCD TV by paying 23k extra or get a videocon UPS by paying 3k extra.

Suggestions pls ...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Here is an update.
Got a letter from videocon.
Have to pay ~4500 for taxes if i want the plasma which doesn't even have AV input, remote control, stand or wall mount.
If i want a version with AV input i need to pay abt 16k extra haha thats a joke.

But as per offer, i can pay extra 23 k along with submitting bond and get this 40" LCD. http://www.videoconworld.com/index.php?option=com_catalog&Itemid=83&act=detail&pid=239
Only 2 options get this 40" LCD TV by paying 23k extra or get a videocon sinewave UPS with 150 Ah battery by paying 3k extra.

Suggestions pls ...

So what inputs does the plasma have? How big is it? Is it new?
If you do get it, you can buy a cheap remote + stand for about 1000 bucks. Check the upgrade options for your set-top box..if they're compatible, it may not be a bad option.

The 11,500 + 20% off initial offer sounds better than the offer where you pay 23000 to get a 40 in lcd.
You could get a 32 in lcd for about 10k with that offer.

That's the advantage in india, No consumer laws. even if u ppl get ur investment recovered with interest, that too whats the benefit, what about ur lost time and money spend on the case ????

:(

...so now it has come to this ...is not there a consumer help line in india !! :(

all this apart, i think a 40" LCD offer is good !

30K for a 40" LCD is a good deal ...but that LCD is also worth 40K only :(

Hmm, what to do ?

I say you take back all the money you can get . and buy better ones ( videocon is a joke )

take this as an example.

iamddevil said:

So what inputs does the plasma have? How big is it? Is it new?

If you do get it, you can buy a cheap remote + stand for about 1000 bucks. Check the upgrade options for your set-top box..if they're compatible, it may not be a bad option.

The 11,500 + 20% off initial offer sounds better than the offer where you pay 23000 to get a 40 in lcd.

You could get a 32 in lcd for about 10k with that offer.
It only has the RF input. No SVideo no HDMI.

They are clearly making us go for the LCD

You could get a 32 in lcd for about 10k with that offer

The basic 32" LCD MRP is 29990 and have to pay ~13500 extra along with bond for that bloody HD ready model.

The same TV is available outside for 21k. I will be paying 20k so totally not worth.

Only the 40" seems ok coz i ll be saving about 10k or the UPS which atleast will be useful.

strategy said:
:(

...so now it has come to this ...is not there a consumer help line in india !! :(

all this apart, i think a 40" LCD offer is good !

30K for a 40" LCD is a good deal ...but that LCD is also worth 40K only :(

Hmm, what to do ?

I say you take back all the money you can get . and buy better ones ( videocon is a joke )

take this as an example.
Cannot take back money. That is the problem. They have given the offer to buy any videocon item with a 20% DISCOUNT ON MRP and 11.5k in leu of the bond

yaa party monger is right you really don't need to call tv channels just start this same thread on all the forum you are member of put this on facebook and orkut ask your friends to tell there friends just make them regret make an example out of them. i will do the same for you

File a case in the consumer court. Visit this link to know how to proceed. I don't think the fees will be too high, and the site says that you don't need a lawyer to represent you.

Consumer Court
Also, Videocon has this LCD listed on their site for 24,990.
http://www.videoconworld.com/index.php?option=com_catalog&Itemid=83&act=detail&pid=216

Don't buy the 40 incher from them. If worse comes to worse then get the UPS. No point in spending 30k on something you don't really want, and that too from a company that's treated you this way.

Back