PC Peripherals videoport.sys error

Uh-Oh

Disciple
i don't really know what this is. allot of the time while playing Warcraft 3, it just freezes, and then crashes into a BSOD with the error being viedoport.sys

from its name, and the basic research did, I'm guessing its a driver within windows for the video card?

all i know is that it keeps crashing me all the time when i play Warcraft 3...
AMD FX-60
corsair 2 x 1GB
GeForce 7950 gx2
fatal1ty AN8 SLI mobo

anyone know anything about this error??? i would greatly appreciate

Remove your current drivers for the card completely and then install the latest drivers again. It sure seems like a corrupt driver or something. Also do the same with the mobo nforce drivers just to be sure.

right, i did that and it still happens on and off

is there a possible hardware compatibility issue or something going on maybe? or maybe software? the only time it happens, is randomly while play warcraft 3, and it happened the first time bf2142 optimized my shaders, but hasn't happened it that game since....

silverstone strider 600w sli

My other computer has a slight problem....its CD drive can't read the warcraft disc for some reason...apparently allot of cd drives can't read the disc according to the blizzard tech website. so i wouldn't be able to test for that problem on it.

if i find another computer in which i can put it in to test, what should i be looking for? also, should i install all the new drivers on the other computer?

Uh-Oh said:
silverstone strider 600w sli

My other computer has a slight problem....its CD drive can't read the warcraft disc for some reason...apparently allot of cd drives can't read the disc according to the blizzard tech website. so i wouldn't be able to test for that problem on it.

if i find another computer in which i can put it in to test, what should i be looking for? also, should i install all the new drivers on the other computer?

erm buddy... couldnt u hook ur the drive which can run warcraft 3 with ur other comp and test it there.... just common sense :) (but since u bought a fx 60, that could explain it)

Also patch the game to the latest version, It might be a problem with the game itself which could have been fixed in the later revisions. The 7950 GX2 was known to have problems in many games due to SLI which were fixed with updates to the games.

Karan said:
erm buddy... couldnt u hook ur the drive which can run warcraft 3 with ur other comp and test it there.... just common sense :) (but since u bought a fx 60, that could explain it)
whats wrong with an fx-60?

when i first played the game, it downloaded and installed an update through battle.net (their online server), which I'm assuming is the newest....but I'll check anyways, thnx for the advise.....i'm running the latest drivers for the 7950...

Back