Virtual memory issue in Vista

dsarosh

Adept
Hi,
I have to use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 on my comp since the newest version 5.0 and 6.0 do not have the batch conversion features that are required.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 installs fine on vista, but it doest not run by default. I get an error prompt that reads something like "there is not enough virtual memory in the installation directory".

If I go to system properties>performance settings>advanced>change virtual memory on my C drive to 5000 then the application runs perfectly. However, I think setting the value of 5000 tends to slow down the start up a bit, so I set the value to 2000 later.

I would like to know what would be the optimal value for me to set. Using the inbult performance monitor I found that even with all the applications loaded my memory usage does not even reach 60%.
I have 2x2gb installed, but the usable memory is 3065MB.

I've been using elements this way for a long while now, but I'd just like to know if the settings I have used for virtual memory in my C drive are slowing down my start up or causing defragmentation.
Thanks.

Back