Security Software Virus in PC - Not allowing to download AV software

Ok Guys.....it seems the problem has been resolved by the Malware Bytes. I did a scan using that on each of the drives and now i am able to open all websites including AV websites. Also the "show all files" settings are not anymore reverted back.

Now to avoid any such screwups later, i will now need to install a reliable AV (free) which would offer total protection and most importantly protection from viruses which sneak in through USB. I am specifically asking this because i have 2-3 pen drives / memory cards which are virus infected, as in whatever folders i have in the USB, there is a corresponding .EXE of the same.
So if i have a pics folder then i have a pics.exe with folder icon and original folder is hidden.
Also there is this autorun.inf which refuses to get deleted from USB.

Please suggest me a total protection AV for my PC.

the best problem would be upgrade to win7 but that is totally upto you.;)

try AVG for free, nod32 is pretty light if your system is old or does not have enough juice.

ggt said:
the best problem would be upgrade to win7 but that is totally upto you.;)

try AVG for free, nod32 is pretty light if your system is old or does not have enough juice.
To be frank i dont want to get out of the comfort zone of XP and i am not a very heavy user of home PC, only do internet and downloads and dont need windows 7. Moreover mine is a AMD based netbook and i guess it does not have potential to handle Win7 and hence happy with XP.

Avira antivir personal Antivirus\Avast Home Free

Comodo Firewall

MBAM on demand

superantispyware on demand

this setup should be enough for normal protection

also download Sandboxie

it will let you run suspect files in a sandbox

without harming your PC

For pendrives or any removal drives use Autorun virus remover.:clap: Its the best i have been using since past 4 yrs esp. when the newfolder.exe & autorun infection was on a high and voila it detects the infection and disinfects the device as soon as you plug in the device. It is dedicated to pendrives/flashdrives/mmc reader & every other removal device in the world. Try it and you wont regret it ever.:hap2:

Back