Vista #1 biggest tech disappointment of 2007

the point is that ppl don't need a new OS. Most ppl are happy with WinXP and they don't like to be forced to migrate to a new OS. But in near future gamers will have no option but to migrate bcoz of the fcking policy my microsoft to release DX10 only on Vista.

now me 2 in for vista !!! i have started liking vista very much :hap2: coz all games n apps run properly n pc doesnt hang anymore :clap:

^^lol.you giving me original ultimate key?

XP sp3 is gonna rock,it just lacks dx10 otherwise it kicks some serious ass.Vista is a new OS and will need quite some time to mature just like XP but till then XP ftw!.

lol... Here is my experience with Vista... It came free/preloaded with my compaq lappy... Not that i didnt try it before... Its still there on my desktop but i dont remember when was the last time i botted into vista on my desktop but on the laptop it is still the preffered OS... Simply because i don't find it slow/annoying/buggy and also everything works with it(Except my Samasung Laser Printer which i havent still figured out how to connect to it wirelessly with my desktop:p)...

All in all i am happy with vista on my Lappy as i don't game on the thing... It hasn't hung on me(Not that Xp has ever hanged on me IIRC)... Although at the same time i don't find any thing different from Xp except for slideshow(mmm Yummy baby) and preinstalled IE7 and Windows Media Player(Not that i don't use Firefox and Winamp and VLC and Media player deluxe and also not that i cant have them on Xp(talking about IE7 and WMP11 here)) but just having them preinstalled with the OS is cool...

come to think of it... I am using Vista cause it came Preinstalled on the Lappy and everything is working with it :)

So in the end i would just like to add... if you aren't on Vista you aren't actually missing anything except for the eyecandy and the cool "alt + tab" which btw also looks cool :p... The basic funtanility of the OS(Cut/Copy/Paste )still works the same way... Maybe a little slower ;)

Guess that just about sums up Vista... So yeah it is kind of a disappointment :p

P.S. Whats Dx10 btw... You cant game on the stupid thing for peanuts...

^^Depends. I like not having to run as admin. I tried that in XP and it didn't work properly. Too many apps wouldn't work that way (Skype you piece of $hit - though it appears to be fixed now). With Vista, most of them work. The only app I have run into that didn't run in Vista at all was Nero and there are shortages of firewalls. Everything else runs just fine...

In any case, users of Vista will find Win 7 very very comfortable to get into...

Vista is the biggest disappointment for every1 ... Not only for user even Vendors stooped their support for Windows .. Like Dell , IBM, Hp, Google, etc... These big giants have gone open ..Vista PC are very rare :p Well I really don't like Windows many reasons can't name 1 :p .. Working on Linux is so easy and fun :hap2::p

P.S : Let the flame war begins :p

The Sorcerer said:
If sp3 for windows xp had dx10 then all of you people who love vista would say vista sucks :p

i do not use vista for dx10 :tongue:

i use it for aero, native dual/quad core processor support, lightning fast response, better photo gallery (viewer), better thumbnail system, no hangups/crashes, no reinstall needed every six months, sidebar, better windows defender implementation, start menu search, uac, flip 3d, fast startup, better audio quality, native ahci support, better windows update, Tablet PC Input Panel, better slideshow feature & regularly used apps launch faster due to superfetch :D

out of those only better audio quality could be false :)

so xp cannot do anything to attract me ;) :bleh:

Udit said:
i can all play games except world in conflict smoothly without stutter so i do not care as i wanna game not view numbers :tongue:

I have no count of number or members to whom or of the no of times i have quoted the following quote....

"Keep your words soft and sweet... You never know when to eat ;)"

Only time will tell Udit :eek:hyeah:

KingKrool said:
^^So based on what might happen (but hasn't happened yet) he is supposed to hate Vista? Bad argument dude.

do not worry if anything happens i will upgrade my pc or fix the problem but i will not hate Vista till Windows 7 releases & is good :p

Back