Vista folder view problem

dsarosh

Adept
Hi,
I have a slight issue with windows vista.
Each time I restart the comp I find that some of the folder view settings have reverted back to their defaults.

For example, in one folder I have organized files as medium thumbnains and grouped them by type. But this setting does not remail, and the folder view will get revrted back to "list view. One time this happaend while I was working the folder itself.

At first I would not mind, I would use ctr+mouse scroll to quickly go back to thumbnail view.

But even the folder view in the 'save as" dialogue boxes of some applications is not being stable. I need the files to be listed by date in the "save as" dialoge boxes, but each time I set them to display by date they get reverted to default thumbnail view and the files are organized by name.
I even right clicked on the folder containing the images, selected "customize this folder" and changed the type from "images" to "all documents", but that does not help either.
Anyone have any fix for this? Is spybot preventing the settings from being saved? However, if I remember correctly this problem existed even before I installed spybot.

I have all the correct options selected in my "folder options". However, if someone has the time maybe he can once again make sure what options I must select and un-select so that I can retain my folder view settigns permantly.

Thanks dude, i've done the reg changes and restarted the pc, i'll know in few days if the problem is fixed.
Will let you know if you like.

Back