PC Peripherals Vista media center taking too long to change TV channels

PaulBarber

Disciple
I'm using vista media center with pinnacle 50i tuner card. Everything's working fine, but it is taking too much time to change TV channels. Meaning when I press the channel up button when watching one TV channel, it takes 2 seconds to switch to the next one.

It's very irritating and impossible to quickly browse through the channels. Anyone else facing this issue?..any solutions?

it's the tv tuner card...i've got the same one. it takes about 3-4 seconds to switch channels, nothing you can do about it.
btw guys, it's an internal card...pci...not usb.

yup, the newer pinnacle tuners do take longer to switch channels. Its a bit annoying , since my older PCTV Stereo can do it faster than my 110i. Needless to say, the old one is used more these days

But in the TV tuner application supplied by Pinnacle, it changes channels much faster than in Media Center (less than a second). That's why I suspect Media Center is the problem.

BTW any other good TV tuner applications?. The one that came with the card is absolute bloatware..no useful features as such...and so bloody damn slow :(

Tried Chris TV but didnt like it very much. I am a big fan of GeexBox but it doesnt seem to like my card. My older BT 878 based card used to work with Geexbox.

This problem usually happens if u use ur Pinnacle or manufacturer remote with media center. U have several options in media center to set the IR speed as Slow, medium or Fast which should resolve this problem.
Else use a Media Center Remote and u can change channels in a sec.

As for the PVR, i like WinDVR3 for TV viewing and capturing than Chris TV.

Back