Vista reboots when shutting down

Naga

Skilled
Fresh installation of Vista Business x64 followed by driver updates and SP 2. Now I can't shut down my PC :mad: !

Any which way I try to shut down, barring a forced shutdown, my rig reboots! Have tried disabling all power management, got rid of all USB devices but the problem is still there.

Any suggestions on what else I can try out?

Btw, all mainboard power connectors (pwr on, reset, hdd leds etc.) are disconnected. Using the pwr button on the mobo for now.

Can u please roll back the drivers and service pack and check whats happening.I was informed by my ex manager at Microsoft Vista support that service pack at times causes problems.

I'll to do that as a last resort. Right now, doing some random tests of the QX I got frm thebanik. Stubborn b*tch of a 790i giving me lots o troubles with fsb :p

Edit: Got rid off SP2 and the problem was still there. Uninstalling the jMicron eSATA drivers fixed the loop though. Installing SP2 and all other drivers right now :p ! Will install the eSATA drivers again and see if the problem is reproduced. Maybe the SP2 installation f*cked up something earlier.

Back