Vivo X5 Max Announced: Slimmest phone in the world at 4.75mm

AMG

Skilled
The Vivo X5 Max was announced earlier this week, a new smartphone from the popular Chinese company that is now the slimmest smartphone in the world.

The X5 Max measures just 3.98mm at its thinnest point and 4.75mm at its thickest point, which beats the Gionee Elife and Oppo R5 (which is only just 0.10mm thicker, d’oh). The phone boasts a 5.5 inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, an octa-core 1.7Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, 13 megapixel rear camera, 5 megapixel front facing camera, a Yamaha YSS-205X chip to handle audio, 2000 mAh battery, and it runs Vivo’s FunTouch OS 2.0 which is based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.

The Vivo X5 Max also packs a microSD card slot that can double up as a secondary SIM card slot instead, which makes this a dual-SIM smartphone as well! To accomplish such a skinny smartphone, Vivo designed a motherboard that’s only 0.067in (1.7mm) thick, and used an exceptionally thin screen that measures only 1.36mm, and uses “the world’s thinnest speaker box” at 2.45mm inside.

The Vivo X5 Max will go on sale in China this December 22nd, priced at about $486 (2998 RMB).

http://unleashthephones.com/2014/12/14/vivo-x5-max-announced-slimmest-phone-in-the-world-at-4-75mm/

Poor battery (2000mAH) and not worth the price ₹32,xxx
I won't term it as poor battery life. Its more like average battery capacity by todays standards.
Also, with better chipsets and processors the actual battery life have increased for the same mAH of battery. It depends on optimization as well.

Though, I am a bit skeptical on whether a bigger battery than this, could have been accommodated in such a thin phone.

I am more concerned about the strength and quality of the product. Making it thinner makes it more prone to bending as in the case of iphone 6 plus.

As for the price. It's definitely on the upper side for an unknown brand. But, I am sure it would certainly come down pretty soon.

Back