Voltage converter for US bought Dell XPS

Hi,

A friend of mine has bought himself a Dell XPS from US. Now he can't operate his laptop in India and need a converter. Kindly suggest what converter to buy.

I saw a 110v-220v converter on eBay. Will that work? It has a rating of 50W. How many Watt converter is needed for XPS?

The charger provided with laptop mostly also works on 220 V if it is written on the charger. Tell him to look for that. If yes then only thing he needs to buy is universal socket.

^^ I am using XPS bought from USA since 1 year and no issues till now. Using the charger provided along with a universal socket.

A majority of the manufacturers bundle universal chargers with the laptops. Ask your friend to refer the sticker for the input voltages.

dragonball said:
Hi,

A friend of mine has bought himself a Dell XPS from US. Now he can't operate his laptop in India and need a converter. Kindly suggest what converter to buy.

I saw a 110v-220v converter on eBay. Will that work? It has a rating of 50W. How many Watt converter is needed for XPS?

The charger provided with laptop will 100% be 110v-220v complaint and you wont need any other converter etc.

In worst case you need then go for a step down transformer type socket, will cost like 200-250 rupees.

Back