Voltas Split AC Repair Dilemma

MadAxe

Adept
I have been getting my 6 year old Voltas Split AC (185 CYA) serviced and repaired by a trusted technician since last 5 years.

But when the lockdown was imposed, he went to his hometown. My AC wasn't cooling effectively, so I called him up and he sent his underling.

He diagnosed that there are leaks in the coil so the AC requires welding and gas filling.
He welded the hole from where the gas was leaking but after a week the cooling got worse. This happened thrice.

After every week, the gas would leak, he would come and weld and the cooling would be back to shit in a week.

Retard charged me for all the 3 visits and still couldn't repair it properly.

On the third visit, I paid him and told him to piss off and ask his boss to contact me which he never did. He never picked up my calls after that.

Is it beyond repair now? Has anyone else faced this before?
Should I get it repaired or dump it and buy another one?
I do not have any other trusted contact for AC repair. So if you have any trusted leads in Delhi, please do provide.

6 year old voltas ... dump it. it has outlived its value and once issues start happening, its time to get a new one.
Elec bill is through the roof with a voltas I was using. Got it rid of it quickly after it developed problems

That's normal for 6 year old Voltas leaks happenes with age it genrally not recommended to get thr leaks repaired coz once the repair guy repairs it other will pop up.

Now if the outdoor is in good condition get the indoor replaced with a Nepolean kit will cost approximately 12.5k including fitting and gas charges.

Back