VPS Query

kuduku

Skilled
Hi guys BF sale is on . Wanted a VPS for running own VPN , PiHole and small seedbox for Bonus points on trackers + tinkering
Budget $4
Had checked different websites/forums including lowendspirit . I have no idea about most of these providers if any one is using can pls guide about their reliability
Pls see this pic . Red ones are i know reliable but feedbacks are always welcome
Kimsufi has not come in stock since last 10 days so..
seedbox.jpg

Last edited:
Oracle and free. LMAO. Do read the fine print carefully.
The free credits worth $300 do expire after 30 days, they are there if you want to use services not included in always free tier. After that, you’ll have to pay accordingly or shift your usage to always free tier eligible services.

From their FAQ

What happens after Free Trial credits are used up or expire?​

After your Free Trial credits are used up or at the end of the 30-day period, whichever comes first, you will be notified and will have a grace period of 30 days starting from the expiration date to upgrade to paid. If you do not upgrade to paid by the end of the grace period, your Free Trial service instances and data will be deleted. However, your Always Free services will continue to operate.

Please do correct me if wrong.

The free credits worth $300 do expire after 30 days, they are there if you want to use services not included in always free tier. After that, you’ll have to pay accordingly or shift your usage to always free tier eligible services.

From their FAQ

What happens after Free Trial credits are used up or expire?​

After your Free Trial credits are used up or at the end of the 30-day period, whichever comes first, you will be notified and will have a grace period of 30 days starting from the expiration date to upgrade to paid. If you do not upgrade to paid by the end of the grace period, your Free Trial service instances and data will be deleted. However, your Always Free services will continue to operate.

Please do correct me if wrong.
no, no you are right. but, I would not trust oracle to not send lawyers. I would use oracle cloud with caution, if they have your cc details, they will find a way to charge it.

ok to close this thread
Got 3 servers for tinkering in BF sale . Went overboard when wanted one only for tinkering
Took Annual plan's and All are 1gbps & KVM

RAM/ Storage/ Bandwidth/ Price per month
2GB 30GB Nvme 1TB 65/(hosterlabs.net)

1xCPU core
1xiPV6 address only

1GB 5GB 1TB 66/ (vserver.site)
1xCPU core
1x iPV4 & 1x iPV6 address
(Will let this go lateras have the above one)

1GB 1TB 2TB 195/ (inceptionhosting)
1xCPU core
1x iPV4 only address

SSD one's for PiHole etc
1TB one for Seedbox & backup etc
Lets have fun and see....

Last edited:
ok to close this thread
Got 3 servers for tinkering in BF sale . Went overboard when wanted one only for tinkering

2GB 30GB Nvme 1TB 65/

1xCPU core
1xiPV6 address only

1GB 5GB 1TB 66/
1xCPU core

1GB 1TB 2TB 195/
1xCPU core
1x iPV4 only address

SSD one's for PiHole etc
Unless you have the SSD server in your city, the latency will be quite high through the VPS. Kind of defeats the purpose.

ok to close this thread

2GB 30GB Nvme 1TB 65/(hosterlabs.net)

1xCPU core
1xiPV6 address only

1GB 5GB 1TB 66/ (vserver.site)
1xCPU core

1GB 1TB 2TB 195/ (inceptionhosting)
1xCPU core
1x iPV4 only address

SSD one's for PiHole etc
The ipv6 server can only be accessed if you have ipv6 client
The changes i did till now are , added Google pure ipv6 , Google ipv6 , Google ipv4 and TREX DNS64 resolver name servers in resolve.conf as below
# Generated by SolusVM
nameserver 2001:4860:4860::6464
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 2001:4860:4860::64
nameserver 2001:4860:4860::8888
nameserver 2001:67c:2b0::4

i also added AAAA record in Namecheap for the my domain of www , @ and * . I can access domain only when i am on ipv6 address

But i cannot access the VPS if i am on ipv4 client machine . Its also not resolving pure ipv4 website addresses .
I have added DNS64 reslover and even Google ipv4 nameservers but still doesnt work

How to access ipv4 websites/addresses and access server from ipv4 client machine ?
Help would be greatly appreciated .

The ipv6 server can only be accessed if you have ipv6 client
The changes i did till now are , added Google pure ipv6 , Google ipv6 , Google ipv4 and TREX DNS64 resolver name servers in resolve.conf as below
# Generated by SolusVM
nameserver 2001:4860:4860::6464
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 2001:4860:4860::64
nameserver 2001:4860:4860::8888
nameserver 2001:67c:2b0::4

i also added AAAA record in Namecheap for the my domain of www , @ and * . I can access domain only when i am on ipv6 address

But i cannot access the VPS if i am on ipv4 client machine . Its also not resolving pure ipv4 website addresses .
I have added DNS64 reslover and even Google ipv4 nameservers but still doesnt work

How to access ipv4 websites/addresses and access server from ipv4 client machine ?
Help would be greatly appreciated .
If it's just website then use cloudflare(It supports only http/s protocol). For other services like SSH or anything else you'll either need an intermediate server with dual stack or some kind of ipv4 to ipv6 tunnel.

Excuse me if this is a silly question. But I gotta ask, what do you guys use a VPS for ?
Mostly Idle Max Pro Plus™ . Jokes aside, I run VPN (wireguard) on all my VPS. Some I use for building ratio in trackers. Few as backup build servers. But the main reason I buy them is to run experiments (recently for messing around with k8s) and test out new stuff.

When I see an offer for VPS I get ideas for lot of projects but after buying it I lose my interest

Mostly Idle Max Pro Plus™ . Jokes aside, I run VPN (wireguard) on all my VPS. Some I use for building ratio in trackers. Few as backup build servers. But the main reason I buy them is to run experiments (recently for messing around with k8s) and test out new stuff.

When I see an offer for VPS I get ideas for lot of projects but after buying it I lose my interest
Mhm. Apart from 'building ratio for trackers' I didn't understand anything. Lol I guess I have to do some research.

I use my vps for VPN + pihole. For whenever I am on 4g or unknown Wi-Fi for ad blocking. Can’t go back to using internet without pihole.
I'm gonna look up pihole and its uses asap.

My usage, different configurations , different VPSs
Wireguard + piHole + unbound
Or
Wireguard + Adguard + unbound
Or
V2ray + Adguard + unbound
I found V2ray faster than wireguard. The VPSs which have wireguard also have V2ray as both are different protocols for VPN .
Somewhere it's piHole + unbound
Or Adguard unbound after that
Still experimenting

Back