PC Peripherals VS2421 and VS2321--how good are these speakers??..Pls. reply soon

eagle004

Disciple
My friend needs a speakers set(under 3k) for music playback and movies. Atp3 is out of production and VS4221,VS4121 or Altec CS21 aren't available here. The only two models available here are VS2421 and VS2321.How are these speakers???- how's their performance compared to atp3?? Also which among the two is the better one??
Need reply soon.He will be buying one tomowrrow.

I haven't heard either of them, and I normally don't weigh in on these kind of things unless I have - but FWIW, I had a look at the specs. It's too close to call but the 2321 seems to give up the remote and offers a slightly later rolloff in the sub. The sub-sat crossover is also lower (=better), and the whole system looks a little more plain-jane than the 2421. It looks better on the spec sheets, but the 2421 has a lot more bling, plus a table-top remote.

I personally would go for the 2321, and if I knew someone who wanted to show off, I would get them the 2421.

In any case in the budget range you're looking at, there isn't that much sound available anyway. Both speakers top out before the 100dB mark, they'd struggle in anything larger than a bedroom anyway. So I would just pick any one of them.

I'm not a fan of the ATP3, by the way. I've heard and passed them on to someone else, they just didn't do it for me.

Back