PC Peripherals VX922 not switching on!

janitha

Adept
My Viewsonic VX922 is having problems the third time and after two replacements. After booting up the PC, the monitor is blank and the LED on the switch on button keeps blinking. Pressing the button switches it off. Repeating it several times makes the monitor work normally. I am fed up with this and reluctant to RMA, due to the long delay and the need to make several calls!! Any help?

I'm surprised you still stick to Viewsonic after so many RMAs.

Only hope is another one. Once its painstakingly done, sell it and get something better. :)

janitha said:
@Gunman
I had spent Rs.17775/- to buy it!:ashamed:

BTW, switching off mains power to the LCD few times makes it work too.

You can get a basic Dell 24incher for that price. :p

The same thing used to happen to my Samsung 740N as well, but its not a LCD problem and as u can see i am still using it. It's prolly the connection from LCD to the mobo or the card or some problem with the drivers or something. There is no use of RMA. Try these stuff first. :)

clown_abhi said:
The same thing used to happen to my Samsung 740N as well, but its not a LCD problem and as u can see i am still using it. It's prolly the connection from LCD to the mobo or the card or some problem with the drivers or something. There is no use of RMA. Try these stuff first. :)

Thanks. I really had an intuitive suspicion regarding the contacts/cable. Will also check the drivers.
Edit-
Found that the monitor driver is not seen in the add/remove section but still there in the display properties.. Again installed it. Hope it will solve the problem. Wondering how it disappeared!

Good to see your porblem get solved.

And happy to find & think may be all problems with Viewsonic is just not the Hardware failure but some time other factors are there.

Still not decided with whom to go Dell/Viewsonic/Samsung?

Emperor said:

And happy to find & think may be all problems with Viewsonic is just not the Hardware failure but some time other factors are there.

On the two earlier occasions when I had RMAed it, the franchisee service centre could not service it due to non availability of spares (like back light tube etc.) from the company and finally after lot of correspondence and phone calls and resultant delay, the company agreed to replace it. From posts in forums, it seems the plight of others in such a situation was not different. But of course, finally I got brand new replacements with latest mfg dates.

janitha said:
On the two earlier occasions when I had RMAed it, the franchisee service centre could not service it due to non availability of spares (like back light tube etc.) from the company and finally after lot of correspondence and phone calls and resultant delay, the company agreed to replace it.

^^ and this is what I never like, we spend money for brand, quality & service, but in return if Consumer is going to get such service who endorse same brand to others. :(

Emperor said:

I'd say go with Samsung mate, I'm going to purchase a Samsung T190 tomorrow as well :)

Fire Wolf said:
I'd say go with Samsung mate, I'm going to purchase a Samsung T190 tomorrow as well :)

Yes, Samsung seems to have their own service centre in most of the towns (even here @Kollam) but Dell service is well known for its promptness.

Back