WA1003A BSNL Router for Airtel Use?

This goes out to all the Networking gurus out there

Here's the scenario:

I've an BSNL connection configured with Huawei WA1003A(Modem + Wifi Router). Also, have an Airtel connection configured with Beetel 110TC1(Modem).

My question is could I use WA1003A, as just an wireless router without altering the setting for BSNL connection? I'd like to retain both the connections incase one of them fails.

Is this possible at all? If yes, could you please let me know the procedure? :ashamed:

Is your Airtel Connected with Only modem or Modem Cum Router ?

If it is Modem-Cum-Router, just unplug BSNL Telephone connection from WA1003A, connect by LAN Cable to from Airtel to WA1003A [this will act as Only Switch wired and wifi]

Tricky..

I have a TATA Indicom and Hathway connection. My TATA connection has a modem and separate WiFi router and Hathway has a WiFi router only.

In this situation if the TATA modem conks off I dont think I can get my connection to work coz the in line is a RJ11 (telephone jack)

But if my Hathway router conks off I can simply plug the LAN cable of the Hathway connection to the TATA WiFi router and get connected to the internet. Same is true if the TATA WiFi router conks off..

The only problem is if the TATA modem conks off. My TATA router looks more or less like your Huawei WA1003A, but it does not have WiFi.

Is your Airtel Connected with Only modem or Modem Cum Router ?

If it is Modem-Cum-Router, just unplug BSNL Telephone connection from WA1003A, connect by LAN Cable to from Airtel to WA1003A [this will act as Only Switch wired and wifi]

This sounded too good to be true! I tried this setup didnt work for me. Any other suggestions?

Back