wadala or sion? which locality to rent a house.

Superbad

Skilled
planning to move to one of the two locations on Leave & License basis.

options available to us are 1) sion near shanmukhanada hall.

2) wadala.

of the two locations which locations are good for

1) ISP
tongu23e.gif
need a good one if available. tired of leeching from MTNL 3g.if available with DC ++ even better.needs to be vfm.

2) neighborhood : safe place to move around @ night
Invision18.gif

3) cost of living: availability of non vegetarian items like fish,chicken. any good fish markets in there.
tongu23e.gif

all this is a stop gap arrangement for our next place probably in central mumbai.

so inputs from guys from central mumbai needed.

# vivek.krishnan , # chiragsthakur , # fah33m and others living in central suburbs. Any ideas.

Fish wont be an issue there, AFAIK. Also, the hall being used to host functions is a pretty good area. You might face parking issue if no parking is there in the buiding.

Dunno much, shall ask someone else and inform you.

The building has its own parking so No parking problems.

Any idea regarding ISP?

Borivali is the worst in that regard. 64kbps for 400/month
<

Ok I'm not sure about this CGHS but I checked your first post again and you mentioned its near Shanmukhananda Hall and its basically King Circle and Sion border area. Food wise you are equidistant from Matunga and Sion and Matunga has some great veg restaurants, non.veg not any that I know of.Sion koliwada is very near to you and you can find non veg stalls, wouldn't really call them restaurants, you have to find the best one through experiment, and yes you'll get some good fish too.

Problems as others mentioned, parking, make sure you have reserved parking.Another, this area is a low lying area and it might be a problem during rainy seasons, you better inquire about the rainy season situation with the locals when you visit, something you wouldn't normally do for any other area.

Thanks. That was my apprehension too.

Upon inquiry we got the feedback that wadala ones are better since it is a newer construction and better planned.

Also it seems there is a waiting list to get into wadala.

Had i been an UG/college going student we could even had got quarters in colaba
<

Visit the zomato website there are so many non veg hotels in sion which are open till 1 am. So its obvious as per your taste you can have delicious cuisines. Search for non veg restaurents in Sion on Zomato website and u can obviously get many of them.

Back