Wall mounted LED/LCD/Plasma

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
Is it safe for one to remove the panel tv by themselves off the wall bracket. Reason being, I need to access the HDMI ports. At time of installation only my DTH STB input connectors were put in. Never had any HDMI cables then. Now with expansion of peripherals, that need to be connected to the TV, the 1x side HDMI port is not enough. Do not want to keep on removing/joining different sources to the singular cable as of now. Long term.

Or should I call the Sony dude to come fix it up. Order some cables before hand and max fill the HDMI slots for future..?

CA50

Skilled
Dec 26, 2009
GraveYard
@asingh, mate read the instruction manual, then you will have a better idea how to remove it. usually it has a locking mechanism, so better go though the manuals :)

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
Just be careful you don't try to do a superman and overhaul it all by yourself. Otherwise you should be fine.

Zinc

Adept
Jan 8, 2010
Globe Trotter
IDK hows yours mounted but mine's just mounted like a photo frame with a thick wire.

I can simply lift it clear and keep it anywhere safe, all by myself.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
^^

Mine is on some type of horizontal bracket. It 'slots' in. So has to be lifted delicately (but with strength) slotted in, and adjusted for left<--->right ratios with respect to the wall.

Also there is like 1-2" of space in the back. will probably need to get angled HDMI socketed cables.

*Raj*

Adept
Oct 12, 2007
My Samsung UA46C8000 wall mounting is really advanced with cord-and-disc system. It supports through cord only and bottom portion can be very easily lifted may be about 5-6 inch and locked for making any kind of connections with great ease.

Ultra Slim Wall Mount | WMN2000B