Monitors want help on 22 inch lcd

De alchemist

Disciple
Hi friends

Can anybody suggest me a good 22 inch lcd.I have dell 22 inch in mind which is abt 24 k.Now i want to know how gud it is and is there a better choice for me?Please keep price performance ratio in same 24k.Also is it wise to go for 22 inch lcd now or there is a price cut coming soon??

thexfactor said:
If you want better quality get the 20" Dell 2007WFP(S-IPS) for 27k odd or the Viewsonic 2025WM(PVA) for 19K approx , the 22" use TN panels which are not that great ... you could also refer to this thread http://www.techenclave.com/forums/viewsonic-vx2025wm-dell-2007wfp-viewsonic-vx2245wm-86743.html

i am using a tn panel vg1930 right now next to the vx2025 pmva panel. there is a difference in colors but it isnt a lot. so u cant say that tn panels arent great. i feel its all just hype that ppl have built up here on te that this rox & this sux etc. i think u should go for the bigger 22" screen.

I find a considerable difference between my 2025 and my samsung 740n (TN), in terms of color reproduction, brightness and contrast levels, and mainly the viewing angles.The 2025 has a viewing angle of almost 170deg :D Though of course this won't matter if only a single person is viewing the monitor at any time.

Dunno about the vg1930 , but I happened to see a Samsung 740N next to a Viewsonic 2025WM in dual screen setup and the difference was easily noticible ... my 2 cents

Edit : Zhops got here first... and ya I'm talking about his setup

With the 2007WFP, the difference in color reproduction will be even more apparent. There is no need for even a reference monitor to feel now bad a TN Panel looks. I got a CRT instead of LCD with my previous rig after having a look at the TN Panels at office. Obviously some people may not be so concerned about it or not feel it so much, but if you are picky about color reproduction and quality then its better to avoid TN Panels.

Hi i know about TN being inferior to other fine monitors u hev mentioned but isnt 22 inch sumthing? my primary purpose wud be viewing nd occasional gaming...normal code development...so is TN panel worth for my case??

:) monitors are not something that you change too often..so it is better to go for the best you can ....in that respect the s-ips or pmva(from dell and viewesonic respectively) will be a way better choice.....also if the viewsonic 2130 b is available you can check that too...not widescreen but pmva panel so should be good.

Sorry for jacking the thread in, but I am also planning to get a LCD :eek:hyeah:

So the question is , I am planning to get in from US. Is it worth/safe the investment to bring it from the US ? What abt customs ?

Back