Want Help to Report (& Prevent) a Bank Fraud Scam

Phenomenal

Disciple
HEY Techies!
Do you know the procedure to I report and prevent a possible Banking Faud (like a Nigerian Scam)?

Background : I got an email stating that I "won" 0.25 Million USD (wow!) in a "MasterCard" draw of the "United Nations".
The email asked me for some details and I gave them some dummy details (the Sherlock in me couldn't resist :p)

Now,I got a reply asking me to pay 15,700 INR in "clearance fees" in order to get the money i "won"
How can I report this possible fraud so that innocent people won't get conned into this scam?

I would like an easy way to report it (don't have time/energy/money to go to courts,multiple police station visits,I just want to be a good citizen not a whistleblower on Aaj Tak) and I am willing to provide screenshots/video proofs for the same.

Thanks.

Proofs :
8NGZEMX.jpg

hKe13Tq.jpg

Wow Thanks Dude,now you please make the payment on my behalf and I'll give you 50% of the 0.25 Million USD once I get it :p
Send me your contact details by PM and i'll give you the payment info details :D
*WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM THE REAL WINNER...let me go tell Mommy,Daddy and the entire city*
Dude, this seems genuine. You should pay up. Also congrats on being rich. :p

Try finding the email id of the cybercrime cell of Mumbai.

In hyderabad there is a cybercrime cell and you can forward the emails to them and they will take care. once I got such email about a job opening and then later asking me for some money etc... (yeah, too much free time)

I forwarded that email conversation to the cybercrime cell and then got a reply from the circle inspector that he will take care of the issue.

EDIT: details
Email: cybercell.mumbai@mahapolice.gov.in
Tel: +91 - 022 - 22653714
http://cybercellmumbai.gov.in/html/contact-us.html

Last edited:
I am now actively considering a (freelance/flexible) consulting role in Internet Fraud Detection,Prevention and Control.

Oh Did I tell you about the offer from Hyundai India through Naukri.com? :p
*And guess what,i do use this email ID @ naukri.com * :eek:
But they're asking for a Refundable "Registration Deposit"

xPfUE1K.png

And My INITIAL OFFER LETTER in the form a PDF

icDSMEy.png

kzjMPEc.png

Q3R7NFz.png

The email hr@hyundaimotorlimited.com is VALID and can work very well to dupe innocent people.

OP you must be the luckiest person I have ever met. First you win the lottery and then your dream job falls into your lap.

If this keeps up next thing you know, Katrina Kaif will be emailing you to tell you she has had a crush on your for a while.

When did we meet? :eek:
Katrina will have to wait because I have someone crazy with me (who emailed me and that's how we met co-incidentally!) who will beat her up and scream at her for sending that email.

OP you must be the luckiest person I have ever met. First you win the lottery and then your dream job falls into your lap.

If this keeps up next thing you know, Katrina Kaif will be emailing you to tell you she has had a crush on your for a while.

Back