Storage Solutions Want to buy a 1TB External HDD

george101

Disciple
i want to buy a 1tb external hdd for backup and storing movies and all. how is the Seagate FreeAgent Desk 1TB USB? or should i go Black Armour 1TB with eSata? is it worth the premium (3k+)? is the usb connection fast enough for general use? or should i just buy an internal hdd and an external casing? which solution is better?

no need to buy a fast interface. use the usb external backup solution in tandem with a backup program like syncback.

this way files wont need to be copied repeatedly. software will simply skip over the already backed up files.

Kuantum said:
no need to buy a fast interface. use the usb external backup solution in tandem with a backup program like syncback.

this way files wont need to be copied repeatedly. software will simply skip over the already backed up files.
so which is a better option?

external 1 tb drive or internal drive +hdd dock?

I use seagate 1tb free agent desk. It does what its supposed to and seagate has a software to backup in the drive. eSata Premium is not worth it.

shady2pac said:
so which is a better option?

external 1 tb drive or internal drive +hdd dock?
if u don't intend to backup at several different locations then hdd dock should be sufficient as this would fall cheaper than external hdd.

consider this option if intend to backup to more than one hdd. else the end price of both hdd & dock would approx equal external hdd.

Back